Quantcast

Kaplan Full Length Simulated Exam - Fustrations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtrain

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
After a month of prep, I just took the Full Length Kaplan Simulated exam and ended up with a whopping 59% cumulative. It's as if I didn't even study at all :(
I've been doing qbank and getting ~70-75% which ist all that bad (maybe not that good according to SDN standards), but this latest score has really put a dent in my confidence and placed a big question mark on whether I'm ready for the exam (in another 3 weeks). It just seemed like the simulated exam asked alot of nit picky details that I just couldn't see the USMLE asking. Anyways, did anyone have a similar experience with this exam? How seriously should I take this mark? Do you think there is a correlation b/t this mark and real score or should I stick to the NBME scores (haven't taken those yet).

dontstuddy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my full length kaplan and had almost the exact same experience. I was getting 70-75% on random Qbank and then got in the low 60's on the full length. hopefully I can fill in the knowledge gaps over the next two weeks.

kito

Big Evil
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't take it to heart because that test is definitely harder than the NBME, and most likely harder than the 50 question Qbank sets you've been doing.

bruins2007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey vtrain, how are you taking your exam on the 4th of Aug? What hospital did you get assigned to, must have been a NY one since you probably wouldnt get your scores back in time for a NJ placement at Barnabas.