Kaplan full lengths?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shilpa1125

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've recently (as of 10 minutes ago) decided to switch my test date to May 11th instead of April 16th. I keep missing questions in the exact same categories (all the body systems, solution chemistry, etc) and don't have enough time to study EVERYTHING next week. Anyways, I've done all the AAMC practice tests except for 3 and 4 already, and that's gonna be an issue if I want to see how my score is improving in the next month. Is it possible to buy Kaplan tests if you're not in the class? They seem to be the best tests besides AAMC to use but I can't find anywhere to buy them. If it's not possible to buy them, can you re-take tests? One of my friends told me she'd let me re-take her test if it was possible, but she didn't know if it was.

Also, all the May dates are full, what do you guys think the chances are of some opening up in any of the cities near me? I noticed there were a couple extra spots open in my city for the Apr 16th date that weren't when I first signed up so, so I'm assuming the same will happen with May, but just seeing if anyone had experienced this already when a date didn't open?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think their CBTs are for those enrolled in the class only, not sure about retaking class though.

I think you have to pay for the class for access to the Kaplan tests. That said, they are *much* harder than the aamc tests (and have insane curves to compensate). Additionally, they have more mistakes (typos, missing diagrams, missing answer options) than aamc. If you're sure you shouldn't take it on the 16th, I think your best bet is to study those concepts you're having trouble with and work with the examkracker materials.

As for test spots opening up, I think it's possible, since other people may feel overwhelmed as the test day approaches and elect to take it at a future date. I suppose you just have to keep checking.

Are you really sure you should switch to a later test date? Are you going to be able to appreciably increase your score in that time? I know I am seriously feeling burnout. If my test date were extended I'd probably find a brick wall to shove my head into.

argh that sucks. Hopefully I can find someone who isn't taking all their Kaplan FLs to give me a couple. Yeah, I was originally thinking that there was no point in extending it since my score probably wouldn't change until I realized that on the last 3 or 4 full lengths, I'm consistently missing questions in the exact same subject areas. I feel that if I really study those subjects, I can bring up my score, at least a couple points. My verbal hasn't changed much since I started, and it started out fine, so its the sciences that I need help with, which from what I hear should change the most. I also feel like since my diagnostic to now, I haven't changed nearly enough. So all that put together, I think my best bet is to extend it.

Also, I am getting burnt out but that's because I quit having fun for the past 3 weeks since my MCAT was April 16th and I didn't feel anywhere near ready. Now, it's more than a month away, so I'm going to go out and have fun on the weekends, and study my ass off during the week, offsetting the burnout (hopefully).

Thanks for the quick replies!