• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Kaplan High-Yield Guide Problem-Solving Guide

rwk66

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Pittsburgh
    Yeah, the high yield problem solving guide is chalk full of typos and poor examples - for instance the physics example about "projectile motion" that is actually about energy. In general, I've been happy with the Kaplan class, but the materials are chalk full of discrepencies(between teacher and student edition) and typos. I think, and I'd have to double-check, that I even came across a typo in Full length 1.

About the Ads

rwk66

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Nov 3, 2003
    Pittsburgh
      April. I can't wait until April 17th to be done with all of this. Although I must admit that preparing for the MCAT isn't as bad as I thought it would be. After my Kaplan diagnostic and first few classes I was feeling very overwhelmed, but I'm suprised how quickly the old stuff has come back. Not to mention that getting into the groove of timing/parsing through passages/understanding the logic behind the questions they ask comes quick and helps the whole process. But don't get my wrong - it still sucks.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.