Kaplan home study books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kush4444

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used these books and done well on step 1? I have the four volume set and have been trying to decide between using them or memorizing first aid with some help from brs etc. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone used these books and done well on step 1? I have the four volume set and have been trying to decide between using them or memorizing first aid with some help from brs etc. thanks.

If you spent all that dough getting those kaplan books, then heck yeah I'd use them. Assuming they're written anything like the kaplan-class review texts (which is what I'm using), they should be just fine... though I suspect you'd want to find additional sources for Molecular biology and Pathology (imo neither subjects are adequately addressed).

Annotate the info from those books into First Aid.

Also, (and this is just my opinion) you don't need to get BRS books. BRS texts are well written (some more than others), but they're expensive. If theres a particular subject that you're especially uncomfortable with, then perhaps pick up a BRS for that (though I'd be surprised if Kaplan wasn't able to fit your needs the vast majority of times).