Kaplan home study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sean wilson

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some people have been referring to this program. How do you sign up for it? Does it differ, book-wise, from the material given for the lecture-based program?

Thanks,

SW

Members don't see this ad.

Sean, go to <a href="http://www.kaplanmed.com" target="_blank">www.kaplanmed.com</a> and order it from their bookstore. The cost is like $400-450. You will get a general principles book, organ systems book, question bank book, and a CD-ROM.

The books differ from the lecture notes. The home study books are actual texts, although they are quite easy to read. They have the traditional margin notes found in all Kaplan books. The general principles book is around 1000 pages and the organ systems book is around 1200 pages.

I do suggest signing up for online qbank instead of using the qbank book. You'll get more questions. I think my qbank subscription was $99 for 30 days (or was it 45 days?).

I highly recommend the home study program if you hate lectures. I just couldn't see myself sitting in a class for 8 hours a day.