Kaplan Mcat classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meddigger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am planning to take the MCAT in January. I am thinking about registering for Kaplan classes. I was told that Kaplan plus classes are better because of 1-on-1 coaching hours. Is there anyone here who used their coaching? and is it helpful?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

I am planning to take the MCAT in January. I am thinking about registering for Kaplan classes. I was told that Kaplan plus classes are better because of 1-on-1 coaching hours. Is there anyone here who used their coaching? and is it helpful?

We were given a Kaplan course as part of our postbacc. It was somewhat helpful. Nothing I couldn’t learn on my own though. I probably wouldn’t pay for it myself.

Reactions: 1 user
I took a kaplan class a number of years ago. While it was nice to have someone explain things to me, it was annoying when I understood something and then had to sit around for others to get it. Personally, I found self-study + Khan Academy to be a more efficient use of my time.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for your responses! I feel comfortable about materials, I am just kinda overthinking the planning part of the MCAT and thought maybe classes can help me with it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your responses! I feel comfortable about materials, I am just kinda overthinking the planning part of the MCAT and thought maybe classes can help me with it.

You don’t need a 4 month class to teach you that. They only go over the planning part for one class at the end.

Do you think it's good for students who like structure?

If you’re not good at self study or setting up a structured environment for yourself, then it at least provides some structure. The in-class portion is only once a week, but there are a **** ton of videos to watch each week.

Honestly, you could probably find a good Kaplan and KA schedule online that you could follow and just get the Kaplan books (which I thought were decent), then get the AAMC material and some other third party FLs (like NS) since Kaplan’s FLs are not that good.

Reactions: 1 users