Kaplan MCAT Instructor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanderingorion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just applied to be a part-time Kaplan MCAT instructor. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I was planning on doing it until I matriculate in the fall along with my full-time job to make some extra money.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My advice: try to freelance tutor. You have more independence/flexibility and can make way more money.

Reactions: 1 users
I enjoy it but would agree the pay leaves a little to be desired. If you can really engage a class it can be lot of fun, if not it's pretty miserable. Kaplan as a company really does care about their students and I have been nothing but impressed with how they run things.

Also, it's pretty interesting attempting to tutor someone studying for their 4th mcat retake when every other score was below 483

Members don't see this ad :)
My advice: try to freelance tutor. You have more independence/flexibility and can make way more money.
How do you realistically go about this?
Also, does anyone know if Kaplan or any other companies would allow me to tutor only online?

Also, does anyone know if Kaplan or any other companies would allow me to tutor only online?
Wyzant is how I'm doing it right now

I enjoy it but would agree the pay leaves a little to be desired. If you can really engage a class it can be lot of fun, if not it's pretty miserable. Kaplan as a company really does care about their students and I have been nothing but impressed with how they run things.

Also, it's pretty interesting attempting to tutor someone studying for their 4th mcat retake when every other score was below 483

Thats not interesting, its sad. Id feel like im stealing their money and lying. 4 scores of 483 going on 5 means you aint gunna be a doctor. Evereverever.

Thats not interesting, its sad. Id feel like im stealing their money and lying. 4 scores of 483 going on 5 means you aint gunna be a doctor. Evereverever.
I knew that, and she didn't yet. I didn't feel like crushing her dreams.

I work largely online between classes, but you must show you're a competent classroom instructor before you can begin tutoring online. At least that's how it worked for myself and others, couldn't hurt to ask I suppose