Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Kaplan PS or EK Chem?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by up40loves, Jun 20, 2008.

1. up40loves

up40loves 7+ Year Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Is the Kaplan Physical Sciences book better for Chem or is ExamKrackers better for that? I am weak in Chem and need a thorough review.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. greg1184

greg1184 10+ Year Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I was not crazy about EK's Chemistry at all. I thought it was their weakest book of the group. I recommend you use Kaplan and then maybe EK as review. Be wary about what EK says regarding what is on and not on the MCAT. It has been wrong before.
  4. LUCPM

LUCPM 10+ Year Member

Jan 27, 2007
    I'm not a big fan of EK books either. I thought their books were too skimpy and unconventional.

However, there some other people who think their books are great. So I think it all depends on your learning style.

Good luck
  5. requeim

requeim lejittt 10+ Year Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Ann Arbor
    yeah. i've heard many stories from my friends who have studied exclusively with EK and didn't pay much attention to the things that the side notes and whatever said not to and they ended up being tested on it.
  6. SN2ed

SN2ed Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Jun 27, 2007
    You should consider Berkeley Review. They're considered the best, by far, in gen chem.