KAPLAN Q-BANK. What results on exams are "good"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD2008FL

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just enrolled today in the online q-bank from Kaplan.. I took some questions for starters to try it out.. did about 40 questions.. didn't do too well.. (=ashamed to say how bad!) Kaplan says if you score 60% or better then you're pretty set for the real NAPLEX..

Any of you took those questions.. is your performance low in the beginning then improves later as you do more?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just enrolled today in the online q-bank from Kaplan.. I took some questions for starters to try it out.. did about 40 questions.. didn't do too well.. (=ashamed to say how bad!) Kaplan says if you score 60% or better then you're pretty set for the real NAPLEX..

Any of you took those questions.. is your performance low in the beginning then improves later as you do more?

Thanks!

If you read the opening chapters of the Kaplan NAPLEX Review book (not sure if you have it) it states that most practice questions, whether they are from Kaplan or some other study aid, will be more difficult than the actual questions seen on the NAPLEX. I did the Q-Bank questions as well and found them to be terribly detailed and far from what to expect on the real exam. Now, that's not to say that they didn't help prepare me because they did. I just wouldn't hold much concern with the % you get right and wrong. Find areas of weakness and focus on what you don't know. I, too, was embarrassed with the scores I got on the Q-Bank questions. Frankly, it scared me into thinking I didn't retain ANYTHING from my 6 years in pharmacy school! I used APhA primarily and found it to be the best source out the 3 I utilized. But that's just personal preference I guess. Also, take the PreNaplex if you have the opportunity. Great preparation tool and a pretty good indicator of how you'll do on the exam. PM me if you have any other questions! I'd be more than happy to answer them.

I am doing Kaplan Q-bank online and my best and worst scores are 62% and 45% respectively. I have done 4 tests ( 50 ques each). I am freaking out now as my NAPLEX is in two weeks. I am just wondering how others did with Q-bank and how did it translated to their actual NAPLEX scores ?

I have a friend who did the Q-bank from Kaplan. She got an avg of 50% but when she takes the actual Naplex, she score 120+ :D So don't be disappointed if you didn't do well with the Q-bank. Besides, Naplex is a computer adaptive test. The questions will get harder every time you get the answer right. Some questions worth more points than the other. Hopefully, you'll get all the hard question right and you'll pass :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is what i got :
Kaplan Q Bank - 60% (1000 questions)
Prenaplex - 109
NAPLEX -130

I've studied from different sources, used Pronotpass (didn't really help), Kaplan 3 day course with book and Q-bank, and even some from AphA book. I'd say overall the Kaplan course and book were very general and simple, Math in the book was the best to review for Naplex. The Q-bank was the best study material for me. Questions were Naplex style, easy to use, covers all the bases for each subject on the exam (except maybe HIV and Cancer) which I didnt see on my real exam anyway. New drugs it doesnt cover either, but ones that have been on the market for more than a year are fair game for the exam.
When I started the Q-bank I scored really low as well, as I went on with the questions and learned more and more from the detailed review after each quiz, I got better at test taking and started getting more right. I recommend it for everyone, its hard but puts the exam into perspective in front of you.
I finished about 80 percent of questions on the Q-bank (contains a little over a thousand). I took the real exam last week, and awaiting my grade. I felt the exam was very difficult and didn't feel too confident at all when I walked out of there. Hopefully I'll have good news to post in a few days. I'll let ya know. =)