Kaplan readjusted their practice test scores today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisMack390

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has been discouraged by getting the same low scores over and over, go check out your old practice tests today. Most of my practice tests bumped up a point or two, and my best went from 507 up to 509, which is actually a decent score!

I know these don't matter that much, but its psychologically really nice to see decent numbers after a grueling practice exam.

Also, I'm sure the numbers are still somewhat deflated. Keep in mind it is in the test prep companies interest to deflate the scores.

Members don't see this ad.

You are right, but for some reason my old tests are still same score. Maybe it's only for new tests? Not sure.

Reactions: 1 user
I noticed that some of mine changed and some didn't. I am guessing it depends on the difficult and number of questions you got right/wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
So do you think 10-15pts added to Kaplan scores is still legitimate?
I think 15 point is way too exaggerated. :) Even 10 points was a bit stretched. Maybe it is now roughly 5-8 points difference (Kaplan been harder than real MCAT). But I don't count P/S - still very suspicious about Kaplan P/S.

The old scoring, yes +15 seemed accurate. Now? no. maybe +4 or 5.

My old section tests and FL are NOT rescored so apparently, I still suck. :( :( :(

So do you think 10-15pts added to Kaplan scores is still legitimate?

Well its the same questions but the scores rose, so I think its fairly obvious that the scale will need to be adjusted. Maybe +5-10 instead of +10-15.

Personally, I would not really trust +10-15 anyway, even on the old scores. Most people who posted in the spreadsheet got roughly 500 on the diagnostics, which would put them in 90th percentile without even studying. I got a 502 on my first practice absolutely cold, and I would be ecstatic if I got a 517 on the real thing...

Reactions: 1 users
Just saw my updated scores :/
Each exam shows a 2-point increase, putting me at a 492 now. I'm hoping there's still AT LEAST a +5 difference in the test scores. haha