1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Kaplan readjusted their practice test scores today!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ChrisMack390, Aug 4, 2015.

1. ChrisMack390

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    For anyone who has been discouraged by getting the same low scores over and over, go check out your old practice tests today. Most of my practice tests bumped up a point or two, and my best went from 507 up to 509, which is actually a decent score!

I know these don't matter that much, but its psychologically really nice to see decent numbers after a grueling practice exam.

Also, I'm sure the numbers are still somewhat deflated. Keep in mind it is in the test prep companies interest to deflate the scores.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dushash

2+ Year Member

You are right, but for some reason my old tests are still same score. Maybe it's only for new tests? Not sure.

Ad2b likes this.
  4. ChrisMack390

2+ Year Member

I noticed that some of mine changed and some didn't. I am guessing it depends on the difficult and number of questions you got right/wrong.

dushash likes this.
  5. yjj8817

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So do you think 10-15pts added to Kaplan scores is still legitimate?

6. dushash

2+ Year Member

I think 15 point is way too exaggerated. :) Even 10 points was a bit stretched. Maybe it is now roughly 5-8 points difference (Kaplan been harder than real MCAT). But I don't count P/S - still very suspicious about Kaplan P/S.

EEtoPre-Med likes this.
  7. Ad2b

Ad2b SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The old scoring, yes +15 seemed accurate. Now? no. maybe +4 or 5.

My old section tests and FL are NOT rescored so apparently, I still suck. :( :( :(

8. ChrisMack390

2+ Year Member

Well its the same questions but the scores rose, so I think its fairly obvious that the scale will need to be adjusted. Maybe +5-10 instead of +10-15.

Personally, I would not really trust +10-15 anyway, even on the old scores. Most people who posted in the spreadsheet got roughly 500 on the diagnostics, which would put them in 90th percentile without even studying. I got a 502 on my first practice absolutely cold, and I would be ecstatic if I got a 517 on the real thing...

Dreamstoo and Ad2b like this.
  9. podiatrytime

2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Just saw my updated scores :/
    Each exam shows a 2-point increase, putting me at a 492 now. I'm hoping there's still AT LEAST a +5 difference in the test scores. haha