Kaplan representative?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laczlacylaci

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are Kaplan C/P and B/B representative of the actual exam?
I understand that the aamc stuff is the most representative, but just wondering... :whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

Not at all. It's not that the content is entirely different, but their passages are usually not about experiments. If you're good enough on content, you can do almost every Kaplan question as a discrete.

It can be good to use Kaplan as timed content-review, though.

Reactions: 1 user
AAMC question is something like this.

You have some base, what is the pH?

A. 2
B. 4
C. 6
D. 8

Kaplan's style!

You have some base, what is the pH?
A. 4.6
B. 5.7
C. 8.3
D. 9.3

Not by a long shot. Kaplan is more focused on lengthy calculations and is not data driven (esp B/B). Though I will say, they are a good source for content review and building stamina.

I've been prepping with Kaplan for the past few months. I think Kaplan's style is great prep for the sciences. Its essentially the same content but more convoluted and logically confusing, but still for the most part follows the rules of science. This is helpful because the harder MCAT passages, even on AAMC materials, will be that complex and will require really being able to pierce through the veil of obscure biology terminology. The key to getting through them is not as much knowing what to read as much as it is knowing what to NOT read. That said, obviously closer to the exam you should be using AAMC materials.