Kaplan Self-Paced vs Blueprint (previously known as NextStep)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rfpremed

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a sophomore undergraduate student planning on taking the MCAT in January 2020 (eight months from now). I am picking between the Kaplan Self-Paced Course that is 5 months long (planning on starting in August) and the Blueprint (previously known as NextStep) that is 6 months long (planning on starting in Kuly). I've listed the components of both below if that helps. Would really appreciate any advice!

Kaplan Self-Paced
- $1799
- 5 months of access (buy in August to have access until January)
- full on-demand MCAT course available 24/7
- adaptive Qbank + 16 full-length practice tests
- 660 hours of total instruction and practice
- the most available AAMC practice material

Blueprint Online Course
- $1799
- Still the most representative full-length practice exams and the most realistic interface.
- 160 Learning Modules that integrate content, strategy and quizzes throughout to help you better retain the material.
- 30 Learning Modules dedicated specifically to teaching strategy and reasoning skills to help demystify the MCAT
- Special emphasis on statistical reasoning and experimental design
- Qbank now includes 4000 questions (up from 2000)
- 6 revised and updated books
 
I'd save your money and get better materials (see the SDN 100-Day plan by Nymeria, it's the best.) I posted a study schedule based on Nymeria's plan. Spend any leftover money on a tutor for the areas you are struggling with.