Kaplan Self-Paced vs Blueprint (previously known as NextStep)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rfpremed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a sophomore undergraduate student planning on taking the MCAT in January 2020 (eight months from now). I am picking between the Kaplan Self-Paced Course that is 5 months long (planning on starting in August) and the Blueprint (previously known as NextStep) that is 6 months long (planning on starting in Kuly). I've listed the components of both below if that helps. Would really appreciate any advice!

Kaplan Self-Paced
- $1799
- 5 months of access (buy in August to have access until January)
- full on-demand MCAT course available 24/7
- adaptive Qbank + 16 full-length practice tests
- 660 hours of total instruction and practice
- the most available AAMC practice material

Blueprint Online Course
- $1799
- Still the most representative full-length practice exams and the most realistic interface.
- 160 Learning Modules that integrate content, strategy and quizzes throughout to help you better retain the material.
- 30 Learning Modules dedicated specifically to teaching strategy and reasoning skills to help demystify the MCAT
- Special emphasis on statistical reasoning and experimental design
- Qbank now includes 4000 questions (up from 2000)
- 6 revised and updated books

Members don't see this ad.

I'd save your money and get better materials (see the SDN 100-Day plan by Nymeria, it's the best.) I posted a study schedule based on Nymeria's plan. Spend any leftover money on a tutor for the areas you are struggling with.