Kaplan, Topscore, Acheiver Sample Tests: How do they compare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DonExodus

Dentist in Virgin Islands
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how the topscore, kaplan, acheiver, and ADA sample tests compare to the real DAT?
Easier? Harder?

I was under the impression:
Kaplan: Much harder except PAT
Topscore: Harder
Acheiver: Harder
ADA Sample: About equal.

Thoughts?
Im mainly interested in the science section.

Members don't see this ad.

DonExodus said:
Was wondering how the topscore, kaplan, acheiver, and ADA sample tests compare to the real DAT?
Easier? Harder?

I was under the impression:
Kaplan: Much harder except PAT
Topscore: Harder
Acheiver: Harder
ADA Sample: About equal.

Thoughts?
Im mainly interested in the science section.

Haven't taken it yet, but from what I've read....the ADA sample is easier than the real DAT, and your topscore scores are closest to what your actual scores will be. (+\- 1 or 2 per section)

From my experience, the ADA sample test is quite a bit easier, Kaplan and Topscore are harder in all sections except for PAT (and maybe perhaps Bio), especially gen chemistry and QA.

Kaplan GChem is much harder. The actual DAT does not require you to solve a calculation problem (except emperical formula ...etc). The answer requires you to only set up "how to solve the problem" correctly.
DAT OChem is much easier than Topscore and Kaplan subject test 3 and 5. I didn't take the Achiever so I can't compare that.

I got + 2 on the real DAT when compared to my topscore science scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just bought Achiever yesterday and took it just awhile ago, its score is freaking SCARY on the PAT section!!! I hope the real DAT is nothing like that. I only got half finished and had to quickfill the rest... It's probably 1 or 2 notch harder would you guys say?

So far Kaplan seems to be easy on PAT, hard on GChem and Math.

In ranking from easy to hard (lol), would you say the following assessment is good approximation?
PAT: Kaplan < Topscore < DAT < Achiever
NS: DAT < Kaplan < Topscore < Achiever
RC: DAT < Kaplan < Topscore < Achiever
QA: DAT < Kaplan < Topscore < Achiever

does anybody have the achiever or the topscore program to send online? i tried ordering topscore and it wasnt working.

heywhatsup said:
does anybody have the achiever or the topscore program to send online? i tried ordering topscore and it wasnt working.

Downloading topscore can be big chore because of the huge file size involved, but you certainly get achiever downloaded within a few minutes via the following link:

http://www.3tquest.com/Download/Procedure.htm

u needa buy it from the same website & then the liberation key will be e-mailed to u in about 24 hrs....its 49.99$...it uses pay pal...i think its totally worth it for the PAT because they have these cool 3d figures that lets you get a whole new perspective....
srry i m getting carried away..!!!
:D

DMD to Be said:
Haven't taken it yet, but from what I've read....the ADA sample is easier than the real DAT, and your topscore scores are closest to what your actual scores will be. (+\- 1 or 2 per section)

i kind of hope the topscore exam is harder than the actual test... the first test kicked my ass

KiTmAn said:
u needa buy it from the same website & then the liberation key will be e-mailed to u in about 24 hrs....its 49.99$...it uses pay pal...i think its totally worth it for the PAT because they have these cool 3d figures that lets you get a whole new perspective....
srry i m getting carried away..!!!
:D

DAT Achiever is not only good practice for PAT, but sciences, part of the reading, and QR as well. It's worth a total package in my opinion.