PAT Practice Tests on DATBooster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshinedental

Pre-Dental Student
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone can give me insight on the similarity of the PAT section with DATBooster's practice tests? Did you feel as though Booster's tests were exceptionally harder or pretty similar to the real exam? I'm just slightly concerned because I have my exam scheduled for about 3 weeks from today and I have been using Booster's generators to practice for the PAT section almost every day, if not every other day, and I am struggling with Keyholes, TFE and now Cube Counting since I am not a fan of the Booster generator for that. I just took my first practice test and did not do as well as I was hoping, so would you suggest reviewing the practice test and then continue to take practice tests for the section? What is the best way to go about this?

UPDATE: I have attached my PAT result from the full length I took yesterday and I'm really losing hope on Keyholes and TFE. I'm not sure the best way to try and improve these sections, as I watched Shahed's videos on them and also read the guides to these sections. Should I keep doing timed tests to get more exposure? Should I redo my previous tests?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 3.02.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 3.02.58 PM.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I recommend using the practice tests to gauge how well you are doing. I made the mistake of only using the generators till the last two weeks and I feel I could have done much better if I had focused more on the practice tests as I felt they were more representative of the real exam.

Reactions: 1 user
I recommend using the practice tests to gauge how well you are doing. I made the mistake of only using the generators till the last two weeks and I feel I could have done much better if I had focused more on the practice tests as I felt they were more representative of the real exam.
Thank you! I'm worried that I won't be able to improve much since my exam is in about 3 weeks. Do you mind me asking what you scored on the PAT section of the DAT, in comparison to your practice scores?

I felt my PAT was very similar to what I saw on Booster's practice exams :) I had more rock keyholes than expected, but overall I felt very prepared going in after practicing with DATBooster

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I'm worried that I won't be able to improve much since my exam is in about 3 weeks. Do you mind me asking what you scored on the PAT section of the DAT, in comparison to your practice scores?
I scored a 20 PAT on the real thing and was scoring 19-22 on practice tests. I got some hole-punch questions that were different than I had ever seen and like the poster above I had several rock keyholes that I just had to guess on because of time.

I felt my PAT was very similar to what I saw on Booster's practice exams :) I had more rock keyholes than expected, but overall I felt very prepared going in after practicing with DATBooster
Thanks so much for the feedback! I have been scoring in the 17-19 range because I've been having some trouble with TFE, Keyholes and Cube Counting

I scored a 20 PAT on the real thing and was scoring 19-22 on practice tests. I got some hole-punch questions that were different than I had ever seen and like the poster above I had several rock keyholes that I just had to guess on because of time.
Thanks for your input! I will definitely try to go through as many practice tests as possible before my exam :)

Thanks so much for the feedback! I have been scoring in the 17-19 range because I've been having some trouble with TFE, Keyholes and Cube Counting
Oh yeah I was also! the TFE strategy videos are also great for strategizing. Its one of those sections that is tough at first but then you just get it and can eliminate wrong answers