Kaplan Verbal vs. AAMC Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBGYN2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is harder...or are they about equal in level of difficulty?

Members don't see this ad.

The TPR verbal is probably harder, but it is so so so so different that you feel like you need to relearn verbal skills (Thus, making AAMC feel harder and impossible). The AAMC stuff is really boring and has two passages that are ten questions. It screws up your timing not to mention feeling of discouragement.

huseyin said:
definetely AAMC

I can't say which is harder, but they do seem a little different. I've only taken 1 AAMC test, but the passagees seemed to be written differently than Kaplan's. My Kaplan instructur also felt that the AAMC VR passages had a different feel to them.

If possible, practice both!

Members don't see this ad :)
In my limited experience, AAMC was harder. Then again, I've only done AAMC 8 so take that with a grain of salt. My gut instinct is that the Kaplan VR is probably unrealistically easy.

actually, i feel the kaplan's are harder and aamc is better...i did 1-2 points higher on aamc after practicing maybe 100 kaplan verbal passages....im a really bad reader too.