Kaplan's Website MCAT?!?!?! (WTF)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amit1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the MCAT next spring but I am starting to practice a bit now to lessen the load in the upcoming months.

Anyhow - I stumbled onto the Kaplan site and took their free practice MCAT.

After finishing the verbal I scored the test and I got a 3! A f*cking 3!!!

I know they probably make the test harder to scare you but . . . 3!?!?!?

I have done relatively well on standardized tests in the past (SAT 650V 690M), but this MCAT thing seems to be something else. I was expecting a 5 or 6 at least for my first try.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Amit1
I am taking the MCAT next spring but I am starting to practice a bit now to lessen the load in the upcoming months.

Anyhow - I stumbled onto the Kaplan site and took their free practice MCAT.

After finishing the verbal I scored the test and I got a 3! A f*cking 3!!!

I know they probably make the test harder to scare you but . . . 3!?!?!?

I have done relatively well on standardized tests in the past (SAT 650V 690M), but this MCAT thing seems to be something else. I was expecting a 5 or 6 at least for my first try.

Ahh, OVERKILL, bad, bad!!! Amit1, there is LITTLE TO NO POINT in studying now or taking practice materials now or anything if you're taking in april 2003, thats 9 friggin months away. All you're going to do is freak yourself out unnecessarily now, its the law of diminishing returns in action.
If you want something to do to prep for the big ugly, besides doing well in school of course, just get in the habit of reading newspapers, novels, journals, etc, outside of course work during the next year. You can work on developing a verbal strategy a few months before the test, but for god sakes dont stretch out the horror of stressing for that blasted test any longer than you need to. I've seen worse on people's first hack at verbal (my buddy got a 2 on the first TPR verbal diag last year,and he's doing MD/Phd next year)

btw, the SAT verbal and MCAT verbal are two ENTIRELY different ballgames.

Of course you got a 3, how else are they going to sell you on the idea that you NEED their course.

If you really want an accurate measurement, forget the corporate giants; take an AAMC exam.