KCOM 3rd & 4th year rotations...I HAVE QUESTIONS AGAIN!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabe_doctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As with UHS-COM, I am curious as to how Kirksville 3rd and 4th year rotations are set up. Are all rotations in the same city or are you forced to travel from city to city in the middle of the year?

I would appreciate anybody who knows replying. I am applying to KCOM as well and am curious as to how my 3rd and 4th year would be spent.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

The answer to your question is completely dependent upon which region/site you match into. For instance, if you end up in one of the Cleveland, Detroit or NY/NJ sites, it is far less likely that you will have to travel much. However, if you match to CO or UT, you will have to travel much more frequently. Also, if you end up in AZ, you will rotate thru all 4 of the hospitals we are affiliated with in the Phoenix area.

Mind you, I intentionally used the word match. It is not a completely random, aka: lottery, process. We all submit bid-cards <5 choices> and are assigned the highest choice possible.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!