KCOM and the iPad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Camacho Mt. Dew

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all -

I was hoping to get some more information in regards to the iPad and how it is utilized at KCOM. I tried googling some of these questions and poked around the ATSU bookstore, but did not find the information I was looking for.

1. Are we able to purchase our iPads through a source other then the school? If so, are we also able to get the books, apps, etc. elsewhere? I ask as I would like to start pricing these and possibly even get it taken care of now if possible.

2. On the cost of attendance breakdown for KCOM both textbooks , iPad, and laptop are listed as expenses. Are there textbooks that will still need to be purchased in addition to the iPad?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all -

I was hoping to get some more information in regards to the iPad and how it is utilized at KCOM. I tried googling some of these questions and poked around the ATSU bookstore, but did not find the information I was looking for.

1. Are we able to purchase our iPads through a source other then the school? If so, are we also able to get the books, apps, etc. elsewhere? I ask as I would like to start pricing these and possibly even get it taken care of now if possible.

2. On the cost of attendance breakdown for KCOM both textbooks , iPad, and laptop are listed as expenses. Are there textbooks that will still need to be purchased in addition to the iPad?

Thanks in advance!
So I a, not a current student but will be matriculating next year. During my interview my student ambassador said she uses her iPad for everything. Her books are on there, they take tests with it, she takes note on it so basically everything. She says if you don't have your iPad it is almost pointless to come to class. She told us we could buy an iPad on our own and the cost that was taken out for the people who received them from the school will be given back. I assume you can get the apps and stuff separately from the previous statement. I hope that helped.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all -

Thanks in advance!

Current KCOM OMS-I here,

1. Based on what our class did, you purchase your iPad yourself. The schools just sets the requirements like gb and model. Not sure what other info you want about the iPad, but feel free to ask if you have more specific questions.

2. The cost of attendance includes those so that you are able to get enough loan $ to cover anything you may need as a student. A few apps are required, but most are free. And you don't necessarily need to buy textbooks. It's all about how you learn best. I personally ended up buying a couple of anatomy textbooks and a few supplemental books for other classes, but that was it. Just like undergrad, profs will list textbooks as "required" or "recommended", but really you decide if you want it or not. Each class provides you with a copy of the powerpoints and a handout with the lecture material for every lecture...these are the sources for the real information you need. Books are just gravy.

Reactions: 1 user