KCOM Housing ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. G. to be

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any KCOM students give me some tips for the housing search in Kville? I am looking for a house that allows pets, probably one-bedroom or two. Has anyone had any luck buying a house, or would you recommend renting? Is there a particular agency you would suggest going through? I need to contact one of them and am planning on looking at some houses this weekend. Any insight from the wise KCOM elders would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I am not a wise KCOM elder...though I do have some wisdom, and I AM older then a few! :)

We rented a house in K'ville a half mile from the school. It was REALLY hard finding a place that would allow pets...and all we have is one indoor cat!

We contacted all the agents....no luck.

On the KCOM site though, they have a link to a list of places that prefer to rent to KCOM students. That is how we found our landlord although I am not sure how depleted the list is at this point.

My advice would be to hop on this asap.

As for renting vs buying.....thats a personal thing all based on how long you plan on staying, if you have the money, and if you want the hassle/fun of selling it or renting it out later. :)

Good luck....if I hear of anything, I will let you know! :)

With smiles,
Rebecca