KCOM Still-Well Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juliedoo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone have any information on this program? I couldn't get to the website on this. Do you get your own personal trainer? Nutrition analyst? Does it take place at the Thompson Center? Does it cost anything? Do many students use it? Do other Osteopathic Schools have something in comparison or is this just a unique plus available at KCOM? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Juliedoo,

The Stillwell program doesn't provide your own personal trainer, however, it is designed to provide incentive for taking care of one self in med school. There are lectures that are given by nutritionists and dieticians, however, there are other lectures that are given for overall self-improvement (i.e. how to write resumes, how to be a better listener, etc). There are also 2 extra-credit points and a free t-shirt to all who participate. The first part is a nutritional analysis of your eating habits followed by a base-line analysis of b.p., HR, Resp, and performance in a variety of aerobic and non-aerobic exercises.

I don't know of any other schools with this type of program, however, that doesn't mean that they aren't out there. Oh, most lectures take place in the classrooms, but the physical exam stuff, which occurs twice yearly, occurs at the TCC.

Sweaty