KCU Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We Dobson for Repro as well. It was rough as usual. This time around it's a mixture of Dr. Puthoff, Dr. Dobson, and the anatomy fellows providing questions. It will be a tragic but epic way to end path lol.

I think the tragedy is that this whole week has a scheduled event after lectures end. So there isn't really any time to outline or read as much. Like GI can't even come close to the crunch here.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You guys hear of any big time matches from the fourth years?

The locations of where people actually ended up to aren't released until Friday. I think this year there will be some very strong matches for sure. Will def list em off when they are available.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How did you guys manage Step 1 prep during second year with Robbins?

Last edited:
How did you guys manage Step 1 prep during second year with Robbins?
I didnt start until Spring break tbh. and even then it was mainly sketchy pharm.

honestly theres not as much of a rush here because you literally have 2 to 2.5 months to prepare.

I would generally hit first aid all year and you'll be good. Robbins provides an excellent foundation in pathology and pain.

if you can collect or find or buy someone's outlines of Robbins I would recommend using that for your second pass too tbh.

otherwise if you're feeling ambitious clinical weeks tend to allow more time for boards studying if you dont feel entirely burnt out. which you will.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I didnt start until Spring break tbh. and even then it was mainly sketchy pharm.

honestly theres not as much of a rush here because you literally have 2 to 2.5 months to prepare.

I would generally hit first aid all year and you'll be good. Robbins provides an excellent foundation in pathology and pain.

if you can collect or find or buy someone's outlines of Robbins I would recommend using that for your second pass too tbh.

otherwise if you're feeling ambitious clinical weeks tend to allow more time for boards studying if you dont feel entirely burnt out. which you will.

Can you tell me more about these clinical medicine weeks? Is this how it's going to be like for all the blocks? It seems kind of laid back, giving time for boards studying.

Can you tell me more about these clinical medicine weeks? Is this how it's going to be like for all the blocks? It seems kind of laid back, giving time for boards studying.
so two weeks after your Robbins weeks are dedicated to clinical emphasis and application of pathology. basically pathology lite with some how to do information.

where pathology is very much all day studying. clinical weeks were the periods where I personally detoxed and kind of relaxed a bit. some ppl who scored better than me annotated first aid during this period or etc.

I did my best to honestly not destroy myself and I think in the end it was better because I truly attacked boards. 8 weeks I managed to reread first aid 2 times, go through DIT, and uworld annotating every question.

Probably a long shot, but have any of you been successful in petitioning to do an away during 3rd year? I have some offers to rotate at some big name Ophtho residencies and I really want to be able to maximize my exposure for LORs due to the early application for Ophtho (Due September 4th).

Probably a long shot, but have any of you been successful in petitioning to do an away during 3rd year? I have some offers to rotate at some big name Ophtho residencies and I really want to be able to maximize my exposure for LORs due to the early application for Ophtho (Due September 4th).
I've been able to get a preceptor signed on who was in the KC region. I would ask ClinEd as soon as possible to see if it is possible. If not, sign up for them as early as possible in fourth year. Meaning, when third year starts, have everything lined up as much as possible on both ends (school and institution).