KCU-KC vs PCOM-PA vs Middletown Touro vs KYCOM post covid era

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Applejuiceandpretzels

Reaction score
Thanks in advance. I went through a lot of prior posts and saw how many schools such as Middletown have improved over these past years such as only mandatory lectures for the classes with clickers and its super supportive and tight-knit class. I have three questions.

The first is does the connections/prestige for rotations/residencies that KCU and PCOM have far outweigh the pros for Middletown Touro?Also since Middletown has its 3rd-year rotations at its affiliated hospital - garnett, does the gap for prestige/connections between PCOM and Middletown disappear? If so, does the location of the campus matter more than the connections the institutions can provide?

The 2nd question is if I want to return to New York for residency, do I have a better chance attending Middletown or is attending one of the big five(KCU/PCOM) the same? If they are not the same, do you recommend doing away rotations in my 4th year?

Lastly, how would you rank these 4 schools in 2023 after the covid era? Considering many schools have improved their student quality of life after the covid era and that I plan on pursuing emergency medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Go for PCOM. It has in-house residency programs and would be a lot closer than KCU.

Residency also depends on your association with the area, so if you from NY, that helps your chances. PCOM is also in the Northeast, so I am sure that won’t hinder you either.

Reactions: 1 user
Go for PCOM. It has in-house residency programs and would be a lot closer than KCU.

Residency also depends on your association with the area, so if you from NY, that helps your chances. PCOM is also in the Northeast, so I am sure that won’t hinder you either.
That greats to hear, thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)

In my case would you reccomend KCU over middletown?