KCU vs UNE vs MUCOM vs WVSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

c_yang

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Write your objective and subjective pros and cons for each school.
UNE is in a beautiful area and is an established school. Only possible cons being attendance and dress code.
KCU is going to have pros like strength in curriculum and high board scores with optional attendance. It’s in the Midwest.

KCU
Pros: high board scores, good residencies, established school, curriculum, offers some good locations to complete 3rd year clinicals
Cons: didn't love the area, further from family/friends

UNE

Pros: absolutely love New England (lived in Boston for a bit)/beautiful area, established school, liked the community
Cons: far from home, pricier tuition, mandatory attendance 2nd year, didn't love a lot of the possible 3rd year locations

MU-COM

Pros: closer to home, like indianapolis, liked the community
Cons: Newer school. Also they are shortening their semesters, which is changing their curriculum aka more material in less time.

WVSOM
I was recently offered an II here, and I'm currently deciding whether or not to attend. I figured the pros were that it is an established school and is in a beautiful area. Cons would be that it is in a rural area and further from home.

I realize that a lot of my cons have to deal with schools being far from home/location. I'm more than willing to move away from school, as I'm sure I will develop a support system at all the schools, and I won't have much time to visit home anyways haha. I realize the 4 years will be short in the grand scheme of things, but it is something I have thought about.

I don't believe UNE has a dress code, as people were pretty casually dressed when we interviewed there..?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Only possible cons being attendance and dress code

UNE does not have a dress code, but they don't like you showing up in gym shorts and sandals to class.

Attendance policy is being worked out for M2's. There is no required attendance for first year.

Members don't see this ad :)
UNE does not have a dress code, but they don't like you showing up in gym shorts and sandals to class.

Attendance policy is being worked out for M2's. There is no required attendance for first year.
I must be misinformed then.