KCUCOM vs MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LebronDaGoat

Reaction score
So I've been accepted to KCUCOM, really liked the campus and environment. Interviewed at MSUCOM, I'm from Michigan. If I got accepted idk which one to choose. I've grown up in Michigan and think it might be time to go somewhere new. Just don't know if I'm leaning towards the wrong choice. Also having some trouble trying to make a pros and cons list for both, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

KCU is a great school, but I'd pick MSUCOM in a heartbeat. 1) I'm assuming it's cheaper for you as an in state resident and 2) State DO schools have more resources than private ones do. Generally have better rotations and more research opportunities. Maybe someone more experienced than me like @AnatomyGrey12 can comment on that further. But that's the advice I'd give.

Reactions: 1 user
MSU if instate tuition, which it sounds like you get. if OOS then its tough and hard to justify that price.

Members don't see this ad :)
KCU is a great school, but I'd pick MSUCOM in a heartbeat. 1) I'm assuming it's cheaper for you as an in state resident and 2) State DO schools have more resources than private ones do. Generally have better rotations and more research opportunities. Maybe someone more experienced than me like @AnatomyGrey12 can comment on that further. But that's the advice I'd give.
Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it!

That is what I was getting at... If you get IS for MSU then go there... Otherwise price may be an issue

MSU blows KCU out of the water. It's not even close. One is a state school with good funding, access to quality research, and more GME than most other DO schools combined... the other, while established, has a fraction of the GME and rotations are much more hit or miss.

This shouldn't even be a question.

Reactions: 1 users