KCUMB Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview: 3/4
Accepted: ~3/15

Withdrew my acceptance this week....so there is one more spot available :).

When I interviewed they said they had quite a few seats open. I'm sorry but I don't recall the exact number, but I can say I was surprised by how many they still had open . I want to say over 100.

Good Luck to Everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone who was accepted recently receive the letter saying they need to pay a combined acceptance and matriculation fee of $2000 before April 13th? Why so early for both? I was expecting the matriculation fee is due in May for a lot of schools. *sigh* Oh well, this is an investment for my future right?

Did anyone who was accepted recently receive the letter saying they need to pay a combined acceptance and matriculation fee of $2000 before April 13th? Why so early for both? I was expecting the matriculation fee is due in May for a lot of schools. *sigh* Oh well, this is an investment for my future right?

Yeah! I got the same $2000 bill. So did a couple of other people I know.

They may need to make up for the funds the x-prez spent on her face lift. J.J.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah! I got the same $2000 bill. So did a couple of other people I know.

They may need to make up for the funds the x-prez spent on her face lift. J.J.:laugh:

Actually the AACOM "Osteopathic Medical College Information Book 2009" says for KCUMB and from the manual you'll see that most of the schools are the same. "Those accepted prior to November 15 have until December 14th... Those accepted between November 15th and January 14th have 30 days... Those accepted between January 15 and June 14th will have 14 days... Those accepted after June 15th may be asked for immediated deposit" The link to the manual is below http://www.aacom.org/people/colleges/Pages/default.aspx

I think you guys have to pay both combined fees now because one of the fees was due back in December for those accepted earlier and the second fee was due in March. So i guess now that it's past december, you guys have to pay both. =[

Actually the AACOM "Osteopathic Medical College Information Book 2009" says for KCUMB and from the manual you'll see that most of the schools are the same. "Those accepted prior to November 15 have until December 14th... Those accepted between November 15th and January 14th have 30 days... Those accepted between January 15 and June 14th will have 14 days... Those accepted after June 15th may be asked for immediated deposit" The link to the manual is below http://www.aacom.org/people/colleges/Pages/default.aspx

Yeah, I noticed that when I was checking the CIB today. Unfortunately it is "nonrefundable for any reason." They need the money. I have an interview at ATSU-SOMA after the deposit is due so I have to send it in anyways to save my spot. Well, at least ATSU-SOMA is nice enough to make their deposits REFUNDABLE! Yes, I am still going to the interview because I have been waiting for this one. Just want to check it out...compare...yadda yadda. :laugh:

Yeah, losing the deposit sucks. Which is the decision I had to make today. Good luck to whoever gets my spot! KCUMB is an excellent school, regardless of the wacko ex-president debacle.

hah i think i probably just got one of your guys' spots, cause after being waitlisted after my october 1st interview, they called friday to say im in. if i had gotten accepted in october i probably would have gone, but now i'm so invested and ready to go to azcom, i don't see myself making the switch. i won't be holding on to this acceptance for long.

Got a call yesterday...I'm accepted. I interviewed in late Oct and got pulled from the wait list

Called the school yesterday and found out that I'm accepted. Interviewed 4/12/10. :D

Last edited:
I was wondering, has you guys received the financial aid packet yet? I got my credit report back a few weeks ago and waiting for the financial aid information. I was told it would be out sometime in April, and we are already at the end of the month.

I talked to Financial aid today and they said packets wont come out until May first or second week. They also said to make sure you have a social security card because you will need to send a copy of it in the mail with the packet signed back to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you know about KCUMB's deferment policy?

Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Hey guys, does anybody know the exact dates for this year's white coating ceremony... I am about 99.99% set on attending KCUMB this year & so I was just looking to make travel plans for the family, as they all will be joining me for the ceremony... & August does not seem all that far away! I m so excited & nervous at the same time!! :)

August 5th according to the calender of events posted on the website.

August 5th according to the calender of events posted on the website.
Thank you for the quick response! I had checked out the kcumb website a few days ago, but somehow I thought I was looking at the dates from last year's ceremony... but thanks again for clarifying!

Does anyone know if Century Towers has a website that I can print off an application from? I really don't want to have to fly clear out to KC just find a place to live, but I seem to have misplaced the CT housing app they gave us during interviews.

I just withdrew my acceptance from KCUMB. Very tough decision but will be going to another school this fall due to location. One more spot for someone on the waitlist! Good luck everyone!

If you're looking for a decent place that isn't Century Towers, give the UMKC housing office a call at 816-235-1130. They basically own everything around the school and apparently offer pretty good rates. It goes without saying that the area is a hell of a lot better than what CT has to offer. It's about a 10-15 minute drive instead of a walk across the street, but that's a very worthwhile trade, in my opinion.

Does anyone know anything about the changes undergoing with the Bioscience program? Is there no more guaranteed seating even if you successfully complete the program?

Congrats to all the people that got accepted! I am applying this year and KCUMB is one of my top choices, I was wondering if possible, for those who got accepted, to post their stats, I would really appreciate it.

gpa, mcat, ec.

Congrats to all the people that got accepted! I am applying this year and KCUMB is one of my top choices, I was wondering if possible, for those who got accepted, to post their stats, I would really appreciate it.

gpa, mcat, ec.

cgpa 3.2
sgpa 3.4
mcat 31 7ps 13vr 11bs

about 10 upperdivision science, As and Bs in those except organic
4 yrs hospital exp
gpa was due to bad first yr where i was working full time. had worse grades in the easy gen ed courses than my upper division science. average gpa and mcat for the school is about 3.6 or 3.7 and 28. if you have any questions feel free to pm me. Awesome school, great teachers, would definitely recomend applying.

oops wrong thread ><
(meant to post in 2011 one :oops: )