KCUMB Discussion Thread 2009-2010

jnutt469

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2008
KS
  1. Pre-Medical
    Interview: 3/4
    Accepted: ~3/15

Withdrew my acceptance this week....so there is one more spot available :).

When I interviewed they said they had quite a few seats open. I'm sorry but I don't recall the exact number, but I can say I was surprised by how many they still had open . I want to say over 100.

Good Luck to Everyone.

MNDmd

Feb 4, 2010
    1. Pre-Medical
      Did anyone who was accepted recently receive the letter saying they need to pay a combined acceptance and matriculation fee of $2000 before April 13th? Why so early for both? I was expecting the matriculation fee is due in May for a lot of schools. *sigh* Oh well, this is an investment for my future right?

scooper32

Jan 22, 2010
      STL
      1. Pre-Medical
        Did anyone who was accepted recently receive the letter saying they need to pay a combined acceptance and matriculation fee of $2000 before April 13th? Why so early for both? I was expecting the matriculation fee is due in May for a lot of schools. *sigh* Oh well, this is an investment for my future right?

Yeah! I got the same $2000 bill. So did a couple of other people I know.

They may need to make up for the funds the x-prez spent on her face lift. J.J.:laugh:

About the Ads

dkrames1

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Feb 7, 2009
        KC
        1. Medical Student
          Yeah! I got the same $2000 bill. So did a couple of other people I know.

They may need to make up for the funds the x-prez spent on her face lift. J.J.:laugh:

Actually the AACOM "Osteopathic Medical College Information Book 2009" says for KCUMB and from the manual you'll see that most of the schools are the same. "Those accepted prior to November 15 have until December 14th... Those accepted between November 15th and January 14th have 30 days... Those accepted between January 15 and June 14th will have 14 days... Those accepted after June 15th may be asked for immediated deposit" The link to the manual is below http://www.aacom.org/people/colleges/Pages/default.aspx

MNDmd

Feb 4, 2010
          1. Pre-Medical
            Actually the AACOM "Osteopathic Medical College Information Book 2009" says for KCUMB and from the manual you'll see that most of the schools are the same. "Those accepted prior to November 15 have until December 14th... Those accepted between November 15th and January 14th have 30 days... Those accepted between January 15 and June 14th will have 14 days... Those accepted after June 15th may be asked for immediated deposit" The link to the manual is below http://www.aacom.org/people/colleges/Pages/default.aspx

Yeah, I noticed that when I was checking the CIB today. Unfortunately it is "nonrefundable for any reason." They need the money. I have an interview at ATSU-SOMA after the deposit is due so I have to send it in anyways to save my spot. Well, at least ATSU-SOMA is nice enough to make their deposits REFUNDABLE! Yes, I am still going to the interview because I have been waiting for this one. Just want to check it out...compare...yadda yadda. :laugh:

Runner69

Aug 11, 2009
            Orange, CA
            1. Pre-Medical
              hah i think i probably just got one of your guys' spots, cause after being waitlisted after my october 1st interview, they called friday to say im in. if i had gotten accepted in october i probably would have gone, but now i'm so invested and ready to go to azcom, i don't see myself making the switch. i won't be holding on to this acceptance for long.

zerover01

Apr 27, 2010
                I was wondering, has you guys received the financial aid packet yet? I got my credit report back a few weeks ago and waiting for the financial aid information. I was told it would be out sometime in April, and we are already at the end of the month.

dkrames1

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                Feb 7, 2009
                KC
                1. Medical Student
                  I talked to Financial aid today and they said packets wont come out until May first or second week. They also said to make sure you have a social security card because you will need to send a copy of it in the mail with the packet signed back to them.

About the Ads

DestinedDr

Aug 19, 2009
                  1. Pre-Medical
                    Hey guys, does anybody know the exact dates for this year's white coating ceremony... I am about 99.99% set on attending KCUMB this year & so I was just looking to make travel plans for the family, as they all will be joining me for the ceremony... & August does not seem all that far away! I m so excited & nervous at the same time!! :)

MilkmanAl

10+ Year Member
                    Mar 23, 2008
                    Kansas City, MO
                    www.youtube.com
                    1. Attending Physician
                      If you're looking for a decent place that isn't Century Towers, give the UMKC housing office a call at 816-235-1130. They basically own everything around the school and apparently offer pretty good rates. It goes without saying that the area is a hell of a lot better than what CT has to offer. It's about a 10-15 minute drive instead of a walk across the street, but that's a very worthwhile trade, in my opinion.

wolverinepwns

Si vis pacem, para bellum
                      7+ Year Member
                      May 9, 2010
                      Asgard
                      1. Resident [Any Field]
                        Congrats to all the people that got accepted! I am applying this year and KCUMB is one of my top choices, I was wondering if possible, for those who got accepted, to post their stats, I would really appreciate it.

gpa, mcat, ec.

roadrunr

Dec 5, 2009
                        1. Medical Student
                          Congrats to all the people that got accepted! I am applying this year and KCUMB is one of my top choices, I was wondering if possible, for those who got accepted, to post their stats, I would really appreciate it.

gpa, mcat, ec.

cgpa 3.2
                          sgpa 3.4
                          mcat 31 7ps 13vr 11bs

about 10 upperdivision science, As and Bs in those except organic
                          4 yrs hospital exp
                          gpa was due to bad first yr where i was working full time. had worse grades in the easy gen ed courses than my upper division science. average gpa and mcat for the school is about 3.6 or 3.7 and 28. if you have any questions feel free to pm me. Awesome school, great teachers, would definitely recomend applying.

About the Ads
                          This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          7. This thread is locked.