• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

KCUMB Discussion Thread 2009-2010

Jan 17, 2001
SE
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
    About the Ads

XCdude

10+ Year Member
    Jul 14, 2009
    Upper Midwest
    1. Medical Student
      Hi,
      I can't recover my email with the secondary app and I can't find it online. I have an interview here Tuesday and I need to mail them the secd. beforehand.

Can someone either give me the link or post the questions so I can begin working on them.

....yes, i did email KCUMB, but that doesn't help me tonight.

Thanks

Resume; gaps in education?; military service; languages; research involment; felony conviction?; previous matriculation into professional school?; colleges attended; LOR writers;

KCUMB personal statement: discus why KCUMB, life experiences, why they should accept you, leadership roles, and uniqueness.

Good luck.

Jan 27, 2010
      1. Medical Student
        Does anyone know what percent of the interviewed medical students at KCUMB are accepted?:confused:
        it's a high percentage. (i think the student ambassadors told us around 80%)
        there's also something similar written either earlier in this thread or in the 2008-2009 one.

ps good luck on your interview :)

edit: found it in the 2008-2009 one
        link here

Last edited:

scooper32

Jan 22, 2010
        STL
        1. Pre-Medical
          it's a high percentage. (i think the student ambassadors told us around 80%)
          there's also something similar written either earlier in this thread or in the 2008-2009 one.

ps good luck on your interview :)

edit: found it in the 2008-2009 one
          link here

Thank you, Genesea! 87% is pretty high. I like when I get quality answers from "a beautiful godess."

tableux3

Nov 7, 2009
          Texas
          1. Pre-Medical
            I went ahead and paid my deposit for KCUMB. I will officially be joining KCUMB in 2014!!

How come there isn't a KCUMB Class of 2014 facebook group?

Best of luck to all of you still applying and I hope to see some of you in August in Kansas City!

medschoolfamily

OMS-IV
            5+ Year Member
            Dec 14, 2009
            Neither here, nor there
            1. Medical Student
              I went ahead and paid my deposit for KCUMB. I will officially be joining KCUMB in 2014!!

How come there isn't a KCUMB Class of 2014 facebook group?

Best of luck to all of you still applying and I hope to see some of you in August in Kansas City!

Nothing on facebook yet, but there is a KCUMB class of 2014 in the Osteopathic Class Threads

tableux3

Nov 7, 2009
              Texas
              1. Pre-Medical
                interviewed just this past week. they told us we'd hear by the 28th.
                it's nice to get such a quick decision. (hate being in limbo.)

tableux if there isn't one you could make one :)

I went ahead and created one.

Everyone that is on Facebook and will be attending KCUMB in August, please join KCUMB Class of 2014

I am the only one in the group so far and it feels pretty lonely!

About the Ads

tableux3

Nov 7, 2009
                Texas
                1. Pre-Medical
                  Yes, people have done this. And it apparently works (according to this thread). Did you interview on the 10th? If you call, let me know if the committee met last week or not!!!

I called six days after my interview and they told me the good news.

Also:

We only have 3 people in the Facebook group: KCUMB Class of 2014

More people should join!

THL5588

7+ Year Member
                  Nov 10, 2009
                  1. Resident [Any Field]
                    I interviewed on February 10th and received my acceptance letter in the mail today. I called yesterday to see if they could tell me over the phone, but all the woman said when I asked her was "I don't know," when obviously a decision had already been made. Oh well. Pretty stoked.

MNDmd

Feb 4, 2010
                    1. Pre-Medical
                      Got an interview invite yesterday for March 16. Did anyone get one? How is interview day? Did anyone stay at the Holiday Inn that the school suggested with the shuttle to the school? So should I take the airport shuttle to the hotel and then the school's shuttle to the interview? Do the shuttles always drop by the hotel? Wow...I have lots of questions... :oops:

retake

Jun 25, 2009
                      1. Pre-Medical
                        i stayed at the holiday inn and did the airport shuttle.

holiday inn
                        Pros: they pick you up in the morning and take you back
                        free breakfast
                        nice rooms

Cons: expensive

Shuttle: when you set up the shuttle you tell them where you are staying and they will come get you there at a schedule pick up time
                        pros: you have cheap transportation to the hotel and back
                        cons: depending on how many people it can take forever to get to the hotel and then get to the airport on the way back

davidsomsen

Jul 21, 2009
                        Sioux Falls, SD
                        1. Medical Student
                          I interviewed on February 10th and received my acceptance letter in the mail today. I called yesterday to see if they could tell me over the phone, but all the woman said when I asked her was "I don't know," when obviously a decision had already been made. Oh well. Pretty stoked.

Are you from the KC area? Hopefully mine's coming in the mail today.

About the Ads

doktor

Jun 25, 2009
                          1. Medical Student
                            I interviewed this last Tuesday and was very impressed with the school. You have an orientation in the morning, a tour, lunch, and then your interview. I had two interviewers who were very nice and talked about my application. They like to ask bioethics questions as well, but just defend what your position is when they try to derail you. Overall, Kansas City has an awesome curriculum and a great medical community. I was very impressed.

MNDmd

Feb 4, 2010
                            1. Pre-Medical
                              i stayed at the holiday inn and did the airport shuttle.

holiday inn
                              Pros: they pick you up in the morning and take you back
                              free breakfast
                              nice rooms

Cons: expensive

Shuttle: when you set up the shuttle you tell them where you are staying and they will come get you there at a schedule pick up time
                              pros: you have cheap transportation to the hotel and back
                              cons: depending on how many people it can take forever to get to the hotel and then get to the airport on the way back

Did you stay at the Holiday Inn Aladdin one? There are a couple I think and I don't know which one Ms. Tracey Robertson was talking about. Or can you stay at any hotel in the area and arrange the shuttle to pick you up there? Are you talking about the school shuttle or airport shuttle separately? So confused. :eek: Maybe it will become clear once I get the packet. Thanks for your help retake! :)

HristosKaran

10+ Year Member
                              Jan 11, 2006
                              1. Medical Student
                                Did you stay at the Holiday Inn Aladdin one? There are a couple I think and I don't know which one Ms. Tracey Robertson was talking about. Or can you stay at any hotel in the area and arrange the shuttle to pick you up there? Are you talking about the school shuttle or airport shuttle separately? So confused. :eek: Maybe it will become clear once I get the packet. Thanks for your help retake! :)

Hey, it is the Holiday Inn @ Westport. I interviewed on the 10th, so I was sort of confused before the whole thing. Definitely stay at the Holiday Inn or the other hotel they recommend, because they pick you up in the morning ~8ish, and bring you back. This is a school shuttle, and they will actually schedule your interviews first, to get everyone back to the shuttle at the same time. You will have to pay for the airport shuttle to the hotel, I think it is around $30 round trip, and $18 one way.

SoCar

May 22, 2009
                                1. Medical Student
                                  I turned my secondary in early January. And was scheduled for a March 4 interview on January 28, but I had to call KCUMB and talk with someone to ensure that my application file was complete. Because I haven't taken Biochem, they needed to know that I was in process of taking it or planning on taking it before they would consider me. So I told them I was planning on taking it (if necessary) and they emailed me about an interview a week later. So try calling to see what your status is.

About the Ads

MNDmd

Feb 4, 2010
                                  1. Pre-Medical
                                    I know I should have asked earlier... My interview is next week. Does anyone have any advice? How were the interview questions? Were they typical like "why do you want to become a doctor?" "what is the difference between MD and DO?" "why KCUMB?" Would they ask you how many interviews you have and which schools you have applied to? Did you guys find the interviews very nice, relaxed, and conversational? I hope so. :oops:

scooper32

Jan 22, 2010
                                    STL
                                    1. Pre-Medical
                                      I know I should have asked earlier... My interview is next week. Does anyone have any advice? How were the interview questions? Were they typical like "why do you want to become a doctor?" "what is the difference between MD and DO?" "why KCUMB?" Would they ask you how many interviews you have and which schools you have applied to? Did you guys find the interviews very nice, relaxed, and conversational? I hope so. :oops:

I interviewed yesterday. It was pretty laid back and low stress. I was asked about the top three ethical issues. They also ask why DO and Why KCUMB not other schools. Other than that it was questions about my life and family. The school is very nice and the students who showed us the school knew their stuff.

Do not use Map Quest in KC, it will send you the wrong way. Stayed at the Holiday inn express, it was nice and had a sonic burgers next to it. The shuttle can pick you up for the interview in the morning. The hotel has a good breakfast. Good luck :luck:

If you have anymore questions let me know.

About the Ads
                                      This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                      7. This thread is locked.