KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hardly any action on this forum anymore. As a waitlister, I'm still constantly checking this site (pathetic, i know...)

Any other waitlisters getting anxious for May 15? Any waitlisters talk to admissions recently about info pertaining to the waitlist/movement? Is there a "rank"?

Feel free to comment! :D
Out of curiosity, when did you interview?

And I think they put people on waitlists and at the end rank everyone on that list that they will call off if a spot opens up. Or at least thats how most schools do it

Members don't see this ad.

I can't tell you too much regarding the wait list, but there has been one or two on the Facebook group that decided to go elsewhere. That being said, I can only tell you there are 196 members, however not all are incoming students, plus I'm sure some haven't found/have Facebook. DO programs do have up through orientation to offer spots. Never know what might happen. Good luck!

I can't tell you too much regarding the wait list, but there has been one or two on the Facebook group that decided to go elsewhere. That being said, I can only tell you there are 196 members, however not all are incoming students, plus I'm sure some haven't found/have Facebook. DO programs do have up through orientation to offer spots. Never know what might happen. Good luck!

To be honest, theres a domino effect of waiting until May 15, because people are waiting on scholarship info, other waitlists, etc. And once one person decides to withdraw, and someone else is offered, then they withdraw, a lot can happen just from one student. The med application butterfly effect. So just hold tight until end of May. (For example, KCUMB is my first choice DO, but another DO might offer me a huge scholarship, meaning I would withdraw, but I dont find out until mid-may).

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, theres a domino effect of waiting until May 15, because people are waiting on scholarship info, other waitlists, etc. And once one person decides to withdraw, and someone else is offered, then they withdraw, a lot can happen just from one student. The med application butterfly effect. So just hold tight until end of May. (For example, KCUMB is my first choice DO, but another DO might offer me a huge scholarship, meaning I would withdraw, but I dont find out until mid-may).

Right, I just didn't want to speculate. Sorry, but I'm not giving up my spot.

Right, I just didn't want to speculate. Sorry, but I'm not giving up my spot.

darn, I was hoping you'd give your's up so that I can give mine up too....wait, wuuuut?? okay, just thought that was a funny comment...no offense to those waiting; I was once a waiter too, and I got accepted my second year trying, so don't give up...

anybody here have an approximation as to how much heat/air/gas at Century Towers costs on average throughout the school year?

if anybody has lived in a 'Metro' on an upper floor (and especially on the tenth floor with an 'inside view'), what's it like? my understanding is that it's around $600 something per month including everything except heat and air, right? Does having an inside view have any unexpected problems, such as other people keeping their windows open and blasting music/partying?

also, how much are meals at the KCUMB cafeteria, and do most students eat there, or do you eat at a different place....or are you guys just a hodge-podge of home chefs and delivery divas?

thanks

Yes it does but they are both included now...they just haven't updated their website (note the lack of room dimensions)....if u still doubt call them up and they will confirm

yea... the website is not updated, but the brochure I received at my interview shows thats everything is now included.

so then what's the cost? if they're 'including' something 'extra' I'm sure the cost is higher, right?

I know I should be calling them about this stuff but I just want to get the perspective of the customer rather than the sales(wo)man, especially about things regarding living conditions and unexpected problems, etc.

I think the price was around $650-700 for a single (also depends on facing direction)

Century Towers: The price for a single facing east is $635 / mo next year (add $10/ mo if you have a pet). West facing singles are about $25 / mo more and inside facing single units are about $25 /mo less. All utilities are included. Laundry is $1.50 / load (wash or dry) and there are laundry facilities on every floor.

Not sure what a 2 bedroom goes for but I would imagine somewhere around $850-900 / mo.

In our class (2015), I don't think they took a lot of people off the waiting list but I know that they did take someone from the waiting list just a day or so before orientation started. But I am sure it varies year to year.

To those on the wait list:
I have given up my place in the KCUMB class of 2016. I hope my place goes to a deserving individual. Good luck to those waiting to get in and congratulations to the centennial class of this awesome institution!

To those on the wait list:
I have given up my place in the KCUMB class of 2016. I hope my place goes to a deserving individual. Good luck to those waiting to get in and congratulations to the centennial class of this awesome institution!

Thanks for letting us waitlisters know. Good luck with your future!

Thanks for letting the waitlisted students know and goodluck to you fellows. Does anyone know how many waitlisted students there are on average at KCUMB?

What textbooks are really essential for the freshman year? The list is really long with 2-3 textbooks to a subject and I don't think there is time to read all of them.Please let me know which ones we would really need.Thanks:love:

There will be a spot opening up next week. I am relinquishing my position, as I have gotten into my state school. Good luck to the fortunate waitlister!

KCUMB accepts more than 250 students. They "over-accept" because they know that a certain amount of students that are accepted will choose to go elsewhere.

I'm currently waitlisted and called the other day to inquire about my status. The admissions office said that they are still "over-accepted" and they haven't had to look at the waitlist as of yet. She was unable to tell me the number of students that are accepted.

Hopefully more students choose to attend another school for my sake! :D