Keck/USC vs Indiana U - last minute advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArielStar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about either of these programs that could help me decide where to rank them?

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There are many, many factors which go into a rank list and we cannot possibly guess what is important to you. Location, institutional strengths, job placement, faculty, residents, etc.

With that lengthy caveat out of the way I would choose Indiana over USC.

Thank you for writing. As far as factors affecting my decision, I would say that strength of the program, atmosphere / work environment and location are the most important to me.

Why would you personally choose Indiana over USC?

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you personally choose Indiana over USC?

Wow, I'm glad you didn't put me on the spot or anything. :eek:

I was offered an interview by USC x2 interview cycles ago and eventually turned them down. I was not the only one who did so, as interview slots kept "opening up." Through the grapevine (a dangerous a source of information as any) I've heard that they are not the most stable program and the diversity/volume of cases is not great. However, southern Cali is southern Cali and I would much rather live there than in Indy.

Please do not ask for more detail than this. I'm afraid that USC residents will come out of the woodworks now. :scared:

sorry - didn't mean to put you on the spot - isn't this sort of anonymous? anyway, socal is nice - I've been living here for 5 years - hence the anxiety about moving to the midwest. guess I'm just looking for opinions about the strength of the training - I'm more familiar with USC than Indiana, but only on the periphery.

I'm completely biased, as I am training at Indy. However, I would be happy to answer any questions you have via PM.