Khan Academy Usage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How exactly do we utilize Khanacademy as a resource? I've done three "passages" (Helicobacter pylori 2/6 correct, Collagen mutations 3/5 correct and Mendelian inheritance 4/6 correct) and I don't know how to use my results to learn what I need to know.

Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Khan passages should really only be used in conjection with content review. I wouldn't worry about the scores.

Khan passages should really only be used in conjection with content review. I wouldn't worry about the scores.

I've only got about 2 weeks of content review left.

I planned on buying the AAMC questions packs and the two practice exams but I'm never what my scores are saying about my understanding.

I've only got about 2 weeks of content review left.

I planned on buying the AAMC questions packs and the two practice exams but I'm never what my scores are saying about my understanding.
Khan passages are kind of hit or miss. I've only used them to reinforce weak areas of content. I think each one has taken me like 6 minutes max which isn't true of my other passages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry too much about Khan Academy scores. I used them with my content review. I used to spend one week reading content, then another week of Khan passages. Just find your weak spots and work on them.

As long as you understand why the right answer is right when you see it, I wouldn't worry about your scores.

Also, you should buy all the AAMC practice materials, not just the qpacks and practice exams.

AAMC material is highest yield. Personally, I hated Khan academy practice and videos. I don't need a 17 minute explanation of electromotive force.