Khan Academy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted801953

Given that I never took a psych/ soc class, are Khan Academy's psych/soc videos enough supplemented with Kaplan/ TPR's behavioral book?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Given that I never took a psych/ soc class, are Khan Academy's psych/soc videos enough supplemented with Kaplan/ TPR's behavioral book?
Thanks!

Yea I loved the Khan academy videos for psych and soc; you should be good with those and your book.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel there are way too many terms to memorize and I just keep getting confused+ frustrated! Should I read one chapter after another or is there a different way of doing it?

There are a lot of terms and there's no way around that. Just keep reading and putting it into practice with passages. Flash cards are great for this section. Make sure you understand the differences between terms with similar names

It took me about 4 days to watch all videos and make notecards. Then I went through the 100 page khan document and wrote down any definitions I didn't think I had seen over the past 4 days. I think I had 1200 psych/soc anki notecards maybe?

I had about 300 but there were several related terms per card so I got used to seeing similar terms together

I feel there are way too many terms to memorize and I just keep getting confused+ frustrated! Should I read one chapter after another or is there a different way of doing it?

Yea there are a ton of different terms you gotta know. Flash cards are great!

One thing I would throw out there is that on the MCAT psych/soc section, straight up definition problems aren't that bad. There will be like four possible answers, and at least two of them will have NOTHING to do with the question at all. So process of elimination is something I would recommend keeping in mind when confronting these questions. With this in mind, you don't need to know all the definitions per say, but the more you know the easier these will be.

Something that actually helped me a lot was thinking of or using the terminology in every day life. Sure your friends or significant other might think you're a weirdo for a few months, but it really does help.