Kin for pa school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laddertomed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i found many threads on kinesiology for pa school, one half says it doesnt matter while the other half says go to a biology major, although biology doesnt really interest me as much, but i can take the pre reqs needed along with the kin degree easily because of how easy the major is and i feel like id keep a high gpa, im also going to get much experience in the healthcare field as in HCE hours, would a kin major, 3.3 gpa, over 1000 hce paid work maybe 100 volunteer hours 60 hours of shadowing a pa have a good chance at pa school a mid tier level? thanks. i will also be apart of some prestigious clubs but i feel like everyone always has exras

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, i found many threads on kinesiology for pa school, one half says it doesnt matter while the other half says go to a biology major, although biology doesnt really interest me as much, but i can take the pre reqs needed along with the kin degree easily because of how easy the major is and i feel like id keep a high gpa, im also going to get much experience in the healthcare field as in HCE hours, would a kin major, 3.3 gpa, over 1000 hce paid work maybe 100 volunteer hours 60 hours of shadowing a pa have a good chance at pa school a mid tier level? thanks. i will also be apart of some prestigious clubs but i feel like everyone always has exras

Good lord, what are your English profs teaching these days?

Club membership doesn't mean much unless you have an active role in it (i.e. officer). The HCE hours are low, so you either need to bump up the GPA or significantly increase the number of hours. You also haven't mentioned a GRE score, which is kind of important.

i appreciate your input, yes gpa must b higher, sorry i dont know what a good score for gre or mcat would necessarily be and LOL yes i was able to test out of english my freshman year of college, i am a sophmore now xD

Members don't see this ad :)
also in your opinion what is a good number for hce? my moms coworkers said about 2000 to 4000 is good

The number of required HCE hours is school-dependent; you need to do research to see what is acceptable & what the average matriculant at each school enters with. If you're a sophomore now, just focus on getting as many A's as possible and racking up HCE.