Kind of confused....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Caretaker22

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so AFAIK, the colleges which say on their website that they do not accept international students for electives generally mean it, but a friend of mine (who is an international medical student without a US citizenship like me) recently completed an elective in dartmouth, and is saying they applied through the website with no contacts included. How is this possible?? Does this mean I should make a run for any offered electives, even if they say they dont offer electives to international students? Please help me out!
 
Honestly, I'd just give the education coordinator a ring and ask them myself. Most of the time they'll give you a straight answer, and if they don't, that's usually a sign. I've contacted a traditionally MD program and ask if they take DOs for rotations and I found out they do, but for a fee.