Kira Talent Background Noise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StressedNon-Trad

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a live interview coming up using the Kira Talent platform, and I am worried about background noise. On Zoom, the software reduces/eliminates any of the background noise I get in my apartment, but when I was testing my sound in Kira Talent, it seems like it does not reduce the background sound very much. The sound I get is neighbors' dogs barking, sometimes people talking in the hallway, and the occasional distant power tool or other urban noises. Am I being neurotic or should I scramble to find somewhere else to do the interview? TIA
 
It's hard to say since we don't know where you tested the platform. I presume you won't get dogs barking if you reserved a carrel in a library.

I tested the platform at my table where I was planning on interviewing before this point. My local libraries don’t open before the start of my interview, so I might just have to pray for a quiet day in the hallways.