Kira Talent Background Noise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StressedNon-Trad

Reaction score
I have a live interview coming up using the Kira Talent platform, and I am worried about background noise. On Zoom, the software reduces/eliminates any of the background noise I get in my apartment, but when I was testing my sound in Kira Talent, it seems like it does not reduce the background sound very much. The sound I get is neighbors' dogs barking, sometimes people talking in the hallway, and the occasional distant power tool or other urban noises. Am I being neurotic or should I scramble to find somewhere else to do the interview? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say since we don't know where you tested the platform. I presume you won't get dogs barking if you reserved a carrel in a library.

I tested the platform at my table where I was planning on interviewing before this point. My local libraries don’t open before the start of my interview, so I might just have to pray for a quiet day in the hallways.

Get headphones rather than relying on your computer speakers. That usually does a much better job of ignoring ambient noise.

Reactions: 2 users