Kmart sues Catamaran

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wickedone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nice read if you want to understand PBM/Retail relationship.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 277500936-Kmart-Catamaran.pdf
    629.2 KB · Views: 90
Catamaran is the biggest piece of crap organization in healthcare. The BIGGEST. They'll shut people's insurance off the day it lapses, then won't turn it back on until like 5 days after they receive payment. They don't pay on time. They delay, delay, delay. All of the big boys should get together and refuse to accept their business.

Reactions: 1 users
Catamaran is the biggest piece of crap organization in healthcare. The BIGGEST. They'll shut people's insurance off the day it lapses, then won't turn it back on until like 5 days after they receive payment. They don't pay on time. They delay, delay, delay. All of the big boys should get together and refuse to accept their business.

yeah its now united healthcare....

Members don't see this ad :)

True fact! The absolute worst. I'm on board with a total industry boycott of Catamaran and United Health Care. They are screwed if there isn't one pharmacy in the United States that will accept their ****ty plans.

There is an independent pharmacy lawsuit going forward as well. Now if we get get one of the big players like CVS, Walgreens or Wal-Mart involved something may happen. I lose money on nearly every single claim paid through Catamaran. It makes my blood boil every time I process a Catamaran claim.

http://www.punchpbm.com/mass-action-lawsuit/

Wouldn't it be something if the chains and independents formed some kind of coalition to collectively end abusive PBM practices? I know a few states are passing laws regarding how pricing needs to be done to prevent underpaying of PBMs to pharmacies.

Reactions: 1 user
Yea because CVS Health would want to end abusive PBM practices. After all, they don't have a PBM, right.

All day, every day, huge underpayments from CVS. CVS in NY does Fidelis and underpays $450 for Harvoni. How are you going to underpay almost half a grand? There is no adjustment from them, just the response to get the drug cheaper. How can we get this brand name even cheaper? Meanwhile Wellcare is paying $2500 over cost.

The whole health care industry is screwed up in America.

Reactions: 1 users
Yea because CVS Health would want to end abusive PBM practices. After all, they don't have a PBM, right.

All day, every day, huge underpayments from CVS. CVS in NY does Fidelis and underpays $450 for Harvoni. How are you going to underpay almost half a grand? There is no adjustment from them, just the response to get the drug cheaper. How can we get this brand name even cheaper? Meanwhile Wellcare is paying $2500 over cost.

The whole health care industry is screwed up in America.

You get the brand name cheaper through purchasing scale. Consolidate with all the other independent speciality pharmacies and make a purchasing pact in order to compete. I don't see why you don't have this ability...

Kidding but I guess not really kidding...

the big three WANT the PBMs to succeed in eliminating the independents. When they're gone, That's when CVS/WAG/RAD can all demand reimbursement at 100%AWP and a $5.00 dispensing fee.

Reactions: 1 user
There is an independent pharmacy lawsuit going forward as well. Now if we get get one of the big players like CVS, Walgreens or Wal-Mart involved something may happen. I lose money on nearly every single claim paid through Catamaran. It makes my blood boil every time I process a Catamaran claim.

http://www.punchpbm.com/mass-action-lawsuit/
Walgreens tried to take a stand against Express Scripts and it back fired.