Know all of uworld explanations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurology2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to soon be in my last semester of second year. I have completed anatomy, histo, phys, biochem, neuro, micro, immuno,and path I and next semester is path ii, pharm, and behavioral which will last till August

I till date have been primarily using Kaplan lecture series notes and medessentials and know them cold. I plan to take step I next march

Is this a good plan... Put on a Microsoft word document all the uworld explanations and know all of it in addition to Kaplan and then practice on uworld. So that way I can practice my knowledge on uworld questions as I see uworld is very picky with details which sometimes I overlook or it's not mentioned in Kaplan. This way a combination of uworld explanations and all the info from Kaplan lecture series notes is my source of medical knowledge

In addition I plan to do Kaplan qbank, usmle rx, rubbins pathology q and a, and nms usmle. Would this combination and study method ensure that I will pass at a minimum? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I also plan to do the 6 week Kaplan usmle live prep program from early jan to med feb giving me an additional 4 weeks of prep after the program before I take the step