Chris Benoit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status
Hey,

I posted this on the Allo forum as well, with no response. I know that MD/PhD are almost always prohibited from getting the fellowship, but I figured I'd just ask anyway.

Thanks.

solitude

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2004
Status
Chris Benoit said:
Hey,

I posted this on the Allo forum as well, with no response. I know that MD/PhD are almost always prohibited from getting the fellowship, but I figured I'd just ask anyway.

Thanks.

To my understanding, MD/PhD students are ALWAYS prohibited from receiving this particular fellowship.

Newquagmire

15+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2002
Read the application. NSF fellowships are specifically geared towards nonclinical research. If your proposal has nothing to do with medicine, then you may have a shot.

About the Ads

solitude

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2004
Status
Newquagmire said:
Read the application. NSF fellowships are specifically geared towards nonclinical research. If your proposal has nothing to do with medicine, then you may have a shot.

While this is true, in my interpretation MD/PhD students are always outlawed from receiving this fellowship. The program announcement accessible at https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/ contains the following on p.7 of the pdf:

"Categories of study that are always ineligible:
...joint science-professional degree programs (MD/PhD and JD/PhD) ..."

solitude

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2004
Status
Newquagmire said:
but the OP is asking about "med students"...

Yeah, I guess you're right. I just assumed from the rest of his post and the forum in which he posted that he was referring to MD/PhD students.

lundysd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2004
Status
There's one student in our program on NSF money -- his PhD will be in geography.

rahuldave

mud-fud lab rat ...
10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
Miami
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Our school just received NSF funding for our MD/PHD program as a whole ...
but for minorities

About the Ads