Kplan plus MCAT review for biochemistry instead of class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sage of Pale Bones

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering using Kaplan plus to learn Biochemistry for the MCAT and not take the class.

The reason is that Im planning to take the MCAT the summer of my 2nd year of college and don't have room for Biochem at the moment (Genchem 1 & 2, and Orgo 1 & 2 are preq and that be 2 years worth ). I thought I could perhaps do one of the following:

=> Take Biochem and MCAT prep at the same time (My fear is that I would over exert my self and do poorly on both)

=> take MCAT 2nd-year summer and self-learn biochem using Kaplan's "MCAT Foundations of Biochemistry - Self-Paced " ( My fear here is that this is not comprehensive enough for biochem on the MCAT )

Please let me know what you think is best, Thanks!
-MPD

Members don't see this ad.

Take biochem and then MCAT spring/summer of your junior year. This is critical material that you shouldn’t try teaching yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most schools are starting to require biochemistry since it is now critical for the MCAT. Your school's premed advising office should have information on the courses at your specific institution that are absolutely required for med schools in your area, those that are "recommended", and those that might be helpful.