KU Class of 2016 Pharmacy Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayhawkPharm3r

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the Class of 2016 Pharm.D. applicants of the University of Kansas...

:)ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK:)

Members don't see this ad.

I have also applied to KU. Where are you doing pre-pharm and are you trying for Wichita or Lawrence?

KU. How about you? Have you heard anything back from KU concerning interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im at Hutch and going to try for one of the slots in Wichita. Looking at the last few years postings in here, it seems like they wont even send out interview invites until the end of Feb...

I'm also applying to KU lawrence, you guys getting nervous about interviews?!
Tired of the waiting game..thats for sure:thumbup:

I'm also applying to KU lawrence, you guys getting nervous about interviews?!
Tired of the waiting game..thats for sure:thumbup:

No reason to be nervous yet. I have talked to a lot of previous students and they dont usually get around to sending out interview invites until towards the end of Feb...

It does suck having to sit around and wait though... :mad:

I am also applying to Ku for this fall enrollment. Ive been getting so nervous recently! Im just ready to hear back from them already.

Kanas Pharmer....I take it you currently attend the University of Kansas?!

I am also applying to Ku for this fall enrollment. Ive been getting so nervous recently! Im just ready to hear back from them already.

Kanas Pharmer....I take it you currently attend the University of Kansas?!

Nope, I have just talked to the people on the admissions committee whenever I have gotten the chance. As far as I can tell, the first meeting of the admissions committee was about 10 days ago. I was advised not to expect any communication probably until the beginning of March.

Looks like we will have at least another 3 weeks before anyone even hears anything about interviews...

Last year, the school didn't send out invitations to interview until the last weeks of March and students are emailed only about 10 days before their scheduled date.

Submitted Application: January 2011
Email From KU: March 24th 2011
Interview date: April 2nd 2011
Acceptance Email: April 28 2011

They have been trying to do things earlier and earlier, and are finally making it happen.

First round of invitations went out on Friday, 2/24/2012 for the Saturday, 3/03/2012 interviewing date.

I received an email on friday for my interview on the 7th of March!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email on friday for my interview on the 7th of March!

First off, congrats.

Second, you are doing yours on the 7th (Next Wed?) Does that mean they are doing them both during the week and on the weekends?

The first people are doing theirs on this Sat, the 3rd.

Thank you very much for the congrats and the luck! lol I guess so, i know so far that 4 of us from Kansas State have interviews that week. 2 on Saturday then myself and another person on Wednesday.

Thank you very much for the congrats and the luck! lol I guess so, i know so far that 4 of us from Kansas State have interviews that week. 2 on Saturday then myself and another person on Wednesday.

I wasnt sure. I got my invite also and will be going on Sat. I am just trying to figure out how many people are there each day.

On a different note... Does anyone know current students that started this year? I would be curious to know what questions they asked during the interviews last year.

Hi everyone. I've been checking things out on here for a while and decided to join the rest of my fellow applicants. I got my email yesterday to interview on Tuesday, March 6th. Good luck to everyone that has made it to the final step.

I thought I would throw this question out there... If you have already done an interview, how long did they tell you before decisions would be made?

Personally, I did mine 3/3 and I was told "a couple of weeks".

A classmate did his 3/6 and was told at least 3 weeks.

I was wondering what everyone else was told...

I was told "KU tries to conduct a rolling admissions system so letters will go out here in a couple of weeks". I interviewed on 3/3.

I too finally figured I'd join you guys :)

I had my interview 3/7 and one prof told me 2-3 weeks, the other said 3-4. at the end they said, if you haven't heard in 3 weeks call and ask. So i'd say 3 weeks is the norm. That's what i'm using for my countdown to the letter anyhow... LOL 2 weeks, 2 days. :) Let's all keep our fingers crossed for all of us!

Hey,
I went to the interview on 03/07/12 too and I'm waiting for the answer.
Let me know if you hear something from them.

Well, I have another friend doing an interview tomorrow. Soooo, I will have another story to tell after that...

Wellllll, my friend was told today that it would be 3~4 weeks. Looks like noone really knows what dates are for sure (except Dean H since he is the head of the admissions committee)... Especially since they have now interviewed somewhere around 200 of the approx 225 people selected...

Last edited:
How do you know how many people they have interviewed and how many people they have selected?

How do you know how many people they have interviewed and how many people they have selected?

Dean Hotchkiss puts out the ~225 number of interviewees when he gives his presentation to meetings of prospective students.

The approximate amount interviewed so far is simple math:

2 Saturdays X 6 hours of interviews X 4 people X twice an hour = 96 people
3 Weekdays X 5 hours of interviews X 4 people X twice an hour = 120 people
(And this is just the number of days that I know they did interviews, there could be more)

For a total of a maximum of 216 people. Even if you say only 75% (probably a low number) of the available interview times were filled (emergencies, sickness, etc), that would still be 162 interviews so far.

I am just curious.... does anyone know how many people even apply?

I am just curious.... does anyone know how many people even apply?

The numbers provided in the prepharm meetings is usually around 450-500 but last year was a little lower (400 or less if I remember correctly). The rumor is that there were even less this year but I heard that second hand so I cannot validate this years numbers for sure.

I have a friend in pharmacy school that told me that there are still more interviews on March 24th.

Have a friend of a friend doing an interview on Tue or Wed next week.

Also was told by someone that there were only going to about 200 interviews because of a decline in applications this year. Again, secondhand knowledge so take it with a grain of salt. I just wanted to put out what other info that I had found.

Does someone hear something from KU yet????
It has been more than 2 weeks now.
Let us know

I have yet to hear anything from KU. My interview was on March 7th....Im tired of waiting too! I've been having dreams about all this stuff.....uhhh lol

Dont get too discouraged; they only have a couple days of interviews left. They should be done by Wed evening. That means it will be end of next week at the earliest or most likely the week after before anyone hears anything.

I know it sucks (I have been waiting since the 3rd) but there isnt much to do but try to forget about it for a little while longer... We will be wishing we didnt have so much to study soon enough... :D

Thanks KansasPharmer for the ideas on the number of applicants and interviews. I am trying to patiently wait myself. My whole pharmacy crew has a send "Lorek" to KU collection going... Im hoping I don't let them all down.... :)

Well everyone, I contacted the pharmacy admissions office this morning and they said "we still are conducting interviews so dont expect to see any letters until mid to late APRIL"..... :(
sad news lol

Hey everyone, I just had my interview last Saturday and Dean Reagan told me that they will start sending out acceptance letters in the next week or two!

Be patient!

I had an interview also on Sat. I thought they said they may have another two interviews. They told me that they won't be sending letters till they do all the interview... but I am getting very impatient too.... so I hope I can get in! :scared:

Does someone hear something from KU yet ???

I haven't heard anything yet. I imagine the first letters probably won't go out until monday.

So are we all under the impression that letters will be sent out this week?? Now im starting to get nervous lol
We are so close!!!

Dont get too nervous yet. There are some more interviews going on this week.

Soooo, we will have to wait until next week now...

I sure hope I can find some place to live in Lawrence if I get in....this is ridiculous.

I was told that letters on admissions decisions will start going out at the end of this week. I know its hard to be patient, but the added stress isnt doing anyone any good. Good luck to everyone!

Are you sure that they have interviews this week?
I thought the last interview was last week?
When are they going to stop the interviews? I'm so tired of waiting. It has been a month now.

Are you sure that they have interviews this week?
I thought the last interview was last week?
When are they going to stop the interviews? I'm so tired of waiting. It has been a month now.

I know the feeling. I did my interview on Mar 3.

I got my info from a secondhand source but it is a trusted source.

Speaking of campuses... I am trying for Wichita. Is there anyone that is going to join me?

I am trying for Lawrence myself... I have housing lined up out there so it made my decision easier.

Well... I'm not so patient at times I guess. I just called to asked. They have one more interview session this week, then they will meet at the end of the week and review the applicants. They said that letters will "probably" go out at the beginning of next week. "Probably" meaning at the earliest.

Well... I'm not so patient at times I guess. I just called to asked. They have one more interview session this week, then they will meet at the end of the week and review the applicants. They said that letters will "probably" go out at the beginning of next week. "Probably" meaning at the earliest.

I found out this morning there is a girl in one of my classes that is doing her interview on Thur.

I wonder if they will send an email or just hard copies of the acceptance...

I called the admission office yesterday. they told me that they will have one more interview this thursday which is day after tomorrow. They also told me that the decision will be made early next week so I am guessing we need to wait about 2 weeks more

I found out this morning there is a girl in one of my classes that is doing her interview on Thur.

I wonder if they will send an email or just hard copies of the acceptance...

According to the Dean I interviewed with it will be a hard copy in the mail only.