BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Roll Call:

Who has applied to KU for Fall 2011, and have you heard anything?

I find it odd that no one else has applied to the University of Kansas School of Pharmacy for the class of 2015.

If that is the case I should get accepted, No Worries...

University of Kansas(My top Choice) - Applied
Harding University - Applied
Regis University - Applied
Concordia University - Applied
Rosalind Franklin University - Applied
Roosevelt University - Applied

Last edited:
OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
I received and email from the Admin stating my application is complete on February 7.

Nothing else...yet

Dec 4, 2009
Kansas
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey I wrote back to your message on pharmapplicants..i applied and it is also my number one school. have you heard back from ku? I have not yet.

Mar 11, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I didn't apply, but from a friend who applied he asked on Friday about it and they (school advisor) said that they are emailing this week (not sure if emailing or normal mail, he was told to check his inbox this week). Hope that helps.

Good Luck :)

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
CP Thanks!

I haven't called the school yet. Don't want to find out they are done accepting people quite yet.

Fastpitcth- Yes I got your reply on pharmapplicants. I still haven't received anything in the mail or email. Will you let me know when you do hear back?

Maybe we will know by Friday.

I have heard that if you receive a letter in the mail it is a rejection letter.

Best of luck

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Talked to KU today:

I was told that they haven't started sending interview invites yet, and will not be doing so until after spring break.

Also, my application hasn't been reviewed by the committee yet.

Dec 4, 2009
Kansas
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Talked to KU today:

I was told that they haven't started sending interview invites yet, and will not be doing so until after spring break.

Also, my application hasn't been reviewed by the committee yet.
Glad to hear you talked to them. I emailed today asking. Are you considering Lawrence campus or both Wichita and Lawrence? Let me know if you hear anything, I will do the same! :) Goodluck!!

Jan 27, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Well, I thought I had made up my mind about where I'm going in the fall but then I get an email Monday from KU for an interview! Has anyone else heard anything? I feel like they're really late in the game. I have heard back from all my others schools.

Feb 27, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Well, I thought I had made up my mind about where I'm going in the fall but then I get an email Monday from KU for an interview! Has anyone else heard anything? I feel like they're really late in the game. I have heard back from all my others schools.

I am still waiting for invite to interview. Do you mind me asking when KU is having interviews since you have heard from them?

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
No interview invite yet... Let the anxiety begin.

Time to break out the alprazolam, citalopram, and klenexes.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I am still waiting for invite to interview. Do you mind me asking when KU is having interviews since you have heard from them?
Mine is on April 9th. I think their process moves pretty quick once you get an interview though. My letter made it seem like I would know the decision within two weeks.

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
I was woken up this morning by my phone alerting me that I had a new email. I opened it up and it was an invitation to an interview with KU on April 12th! :D

WooT!

It sounds like we will know within 2-3 weeks if we are getting in. We will know after another 2 after being admitted which campus (Witchita or Lawrence) we will be assigned to.

Let's hope it goes well!:xf:

KUPharmGrl

5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2011
Kansas
Status
Pharmacist
Congrats BJNCNC!

If anyone is interested in knowing what to expect, PM me, I can give a description of the experience on interview day! I recommend arranging to do a mock interview before you even get an invitation. KU sends out invites only about a week before the interview will actually happen, which doesn't leave much time.

Submitted Application: January
Email From KU: March 24th
Interview date: April 2nd
Admission status: waiting, hoping! :xf:

Last edited:
OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
PharmGurl Congrats on your interview!
I would like to know more about the interview day. Also, did you complete your pre-reqs at KU?
I wish you the best!:luck:

Apr 5, 2011
Status
Pharmacy Student
Glad to hear you got an interview BJNCNC.

I also interviewed with KU on April 2nd. I felt like the interviewed went well, but I rehearsed with my wife for several hours. I really recommend practicing with someone that can ask you some tough and pointed questions so you are prepared for anything.

I thought my interviewers were really easy to talk to once I entered the room, and most of my anxiety went away within a minute of talking to them. I felt prepared for nearly everything they asked.

Good luck. I am sure you will all do well.

KUPharmGrl

5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2011
Kansas
Status
Pharmacist
Admissions Information from the Dean's Office

-Approximately 350 qualified applicants each year
-170 students to be admitted for Fall 2011
-150 to the Lawrence Campus
-20 to the Wichita Campus
-2010 Average GPA of 3.58 (Chem: 3.46; Biol: 3.46)
-2010 Average composite PCAT score ~67th percentile
-35% of admits already have a baccalaureate degree
-Average age of 2010 1st year student: 23, Range: 19-53
-Typically 80-90% of admits are Kansas Residents
-65% are women
-~50% of admitted students completed pre-reqs at KU

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Had and interview at 545p today.

It went well... I hope.:confused:

Good luck to all you who have yours this week!

How did everyone else feel about how their interviews went?

They didn't ask very many question and I have no idea how I came off, I am a little concern now...

Last edited:
OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
I learned something new at the interview.

The applicant profile sheet asked if you were applying to the Wichita campus or the Lawrence campus. We were told the day of the interview that the campus preference will not be taken into consideration in your admissions. Only after you are admitted will they decided who goes to what campus. 20 students for Wichita and 15o for Lawrence based on who wanted to go where, and no matter what 20 will go to the distance pathway and 150 will go the campus pathway.

I put that I would go to either but prefer Lawrence. Hopefully, I don't get stuck going to Lawrence.

Apr 7, 2011
Wichita, KS
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
BJNCNC,

I assume you meant to say you hope you don't get stuck going to Wichita? I know there are several people from Wichita (like myself) who are desperate to get one of the 20 new spots, so I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.

My interiew was April 2nd.. I feel it went well, but having it that early makes the waiting even tougher. Best of luck...

KUPharmGrl

5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2011
Kansas
Status
Pharmacist
BJNCNC,

My interiew was April 2nd.. I feel it went well, but having it that early makes the waiting even tougher. Best of luck...
I interviewed on the 2nd also. From what I've heard, that means expect a letter in the mail around the 25th if you're accepted. The wait is killing me.

Apr 5, 2011
Status
Pharmacy Student
BJNCNC,

I assume you meant to say you hope you don't get stuck going to Wichita? I know there are several people from Wichita (like myself) who are desperate to get one of the 20 new spots, so I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.

I also really want one of the Wichita spots. My wife has a really good job in Wichita and is funding my pharmacy school endeavors, so it will be really tough if I am assigned to the Lawrence Campus. With there only being twenty seats in Wichita it will probably be the other way around. People wanting to stay in Wichita will end up in Lawrence.

Has anyone wanting to go to the Wichita Campus had a chance to see the new facility. I am wondering if they will have tours of the new building here soon.

The wait is starting to get hard. I keep running to my mailbox every time I see the mail truck drive by.

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
I also really want one of the Wichita spots. My wife has a really good job in Wichita and is funding my pharmacy school endeavors, so it will be really tough if I am assigned to the Lawrence Campus. With there only being twenty seats in Wichita it will probably be the other way around. People wanting to stay in Wichita will end up in Lawrence.

Has anyone wanting to go to the Wichita Campus had a chance to see the new facility. I am wondering if they will have tours of the new building here soon.

The wait is starting to get hard. I keep running to my mailbox every time I see the mail truck drive by.
I haven't slept much since the interview. I've watch season 4 and 5 of Dexter, and have been playing alot of PS3 all night long and checking the mail box daily.

roytse

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
anyone know when will we get letters? 2 weeks? 3weeks?

Apr 5, 2011
Status
Pharmacy Student
anyone know when will we get letters? 2 weeks? 3weeks?
From what I have read on here about previous years some people can get a letter as early as late April, while others do not receive anything until early June.

Apr 5, 2011
Status
Pharmacy Student
I haven't slept much since the interview. I've watch season 4 and 5 of Dexter, and have been playing alot of PS3 all night long and checking the mail box daily.
Well, if we don't get into Pharmacy School maybe we can look at being a blood spatter experts for a Kansas Police Department. Dexter makes it look like a good time.

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Well, if we don't get into Pharmacy School maybe we can look at being a blood spatter experts for a Kansas Police Department. Dexter makes it look like a good time.
Yes, Dexter makes it look all too much fun. Hey, if we don't get into pharmacy school we could always be pharmacy techs(now there's a depressing thought).

Apr 7, 2011
Wichita, KS
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I met Bob Emerson, the new dean of Wichita campus, at a Wichita academy of pharmacists meeting tonight. He said that they are still interviewing, but assured me that I should know something by the end of the month...hope this helps people out there who are waiting as anxiously I am! Also, he said they are still cleaning up the new facility a bit, but there WILL be an opportunity available to take a tour in the near future.

Last edited:
OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Does anyone know how heavily the interview is weighted towards the admissions decision?

I have heard that it can only help you, but can it hurt you.

How can you know how you did other than how you felt about it.

Every passing day my concern grows a little more. I wish it was more like a job interview and they would just shake your hand and tell you that your in or B-slap ya and tell you ya just aren't a good fit for the school.

Jan 27, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
i just talked to someone in admissions and she said that we would not hear back until all interviews are finished. she said this would still be a few weeks :(

Jan 27, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Just got an acceptance email! :) I called the admissions office to see if I could get a rush on my application since I need to tell other schools if I would be attending. Three days later I heard back!!! They said official letters will come out in the next week and a half or so. Good luck to everyone else!

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Congrats, Baz.

So they are already done with interviews...wow.

Has anyone else heard anything yet?

Nail biting...:scared:

Jan 27, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
They did not give me a campus assignment and they had said they were not finished interviewing. I'm sure it will only be a matter of a week or so though! Just try to relax!! It will all be ok!

Apr 22, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I'm anxiously waiting myself...I have this feeling that the letters will be coming out next week!

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
I'm anxiously waiting myself...I have this feeling that the letters will be coming out next week!
My magic eight ball predicts that I absolutely will get it, or that I might get in, or that it's sources say no, but the outlook is good, that I can count on it, but probably not, maybe.

I'm starting to doubt Mr. 8's credibility...

Alsom the golden dollar I have flipped is at 15 yes, 10 no. I'm going with that.

Apr 22, 2011
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
My magic eight ball predicts that I absolutely will get it, or that I might get in, or that it's sources say no, but the outlook is good, that I can count on it, but probably not, maybe.

I'm starting to doubt Mr. 8's credibility...

Alsom the golden dollar I have flipped is at 15 yes, 10 no. I'm going with that.
I like your outlook! I'm the same way as you. Just gotta keep confident and know that it's coming soon.

dblock05

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
They will be meeting this week and sending out letters next week....

KUPharmGrl

5+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2011
Kansas
Status
Pharmacist
Did you call or talk to someone in the admin?
I talked to the office this morning. She mentioned there may be a very small chance they could be sent out at the end of this week. But it is far more likely that they are sending out all letters next week. Get this: all acceptance and rejection letters in the same batch!

From what I've heard from years past, acceptance letters were sent in waves starting a couple weeks after the first interviews, and rejections were sent at the end of the semester. Apparently that is not the case this year! That will make opening the letter so much more agonizing!:scared:

Kind of makes me wish I could pull a Baz... too bad they know KU is the only place I applied. :rolleyes:

dblock05

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2009
Status
Pharmacy Student
No, I would just assume they are ready to start sending them out...

OP
B

BJNCNC

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Will everyone post their assignment when they find out.

Last edited: