KU School Of Pharmacy for Fall 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will everyone who reads this that got accepted state their campus preference, Lawrence or Wichita?

I strongly prefer Lawrence.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
lawrence hopefully... any other girls looking for a roommate?

I am one who is still waiting for an acceptance letter in the mail. :xf: I didn't put either campus on my preference bc I without a doubt preferred Lawrence. A friend of mine who put either just got an email on Thursday saying she was accepted and she put either campus on her application. I think that is why some people got acceptance emails the other day and some did not. They are trying to get people's preferences so they can start deciding on who is going where.

I have been hearing letters are coming in the next week or two. Is that correct?

lawrence hopefully... any other girls looking for a roommate?

Hey Baz88, I still don't really know where I am going to live. I am just waiting on that letter to come. I can't really make any plans until then. I may need a roommate though wherever I end up. Were you planning on living on campus or off? I was thinking Jayhawk Towers or someplace close off campus. I need to live for as cheap as possible since school will already be really expensive.

A bunch of people got letters on Saturday. Mostly those who live in on campus/in Lawrence. I imagine the rest will arrive on Monday/Tuesday.

Woohoo. Letter came Saturday and indicated Lawrence campus. :D:claps::banana:

Hi everyone.

I got accepted to the Lawrence campus on Saturday too.

Hey everyone :) name is Ashley just got accepted into KU pharmacy school as well, found out by email last week... waiting on my formal letter to come by mail. I'm 21 and from Missouri and put Lawrence down as preference.

Where is everyone looking at to live housing wise? Like apartments just in town or what?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted to the Lawrence campus! :D

got the official acceptance letter today, Lawrence:D

The last of the letters were put in the mail today.

I got my official acceptance letter today.

I will attending the Lawrence Campus.

Finally got my letter after getting that email last thursday.

Congrats venividivici!!!! :highfive: I am sure you are as excited as I am. Looks like we maybe lab partners.

After the 4th attempt on the PCAT, you finally landed your 25th %. Guess that's the magic number these days. Crazy KU. Congrats! :D

After the 4th attempt on the PCAT, you finally landed your 25th %. Guess that's the magic number these days. Crazy KU. Congrats! :D

It is hard to believe. I guess good looks and a few bribes can go a long way these days. :zip:

Accepted!:) Lawrence campus! Does anyone know of nice apartments by West Campus?

Anyone who did their pre reqs here pretty sad that they're forced to leave the main campus and move towards west?

Quite disappointing....but oh well. I'm probably over exaggerating this, but it seems like the whole college experience is about to be done with being on the other side.

Congradulations dblock,baz,pharmgirls,vidivid and everyone else

I'm looking to buy a house in Lawrence this summer, but with only two months left to go we'll see how that goes.

Has everyone signed up for the orientation that is required?

I signed up for the Friday June, 10th orientation session. Who else is attending that day? Maybe we can meet up get together a little pharmacy group. For those of you going to Wichita; is your orientation in Lawrence as well?

I am so excited I'll be enrolled in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!! If you ignore the cost of out of state tuition, everything is perfect! 4 more years and we will all be making the big bucks!:D

Also anyone here on Facebook?

Last edited:
Anyone who did their pre reqs here pretty sad that they're forced to leave the main campus and move towards west?

Quite disappointing....but oh well. I'm probably over exaggerating this, but it seems like the whole college experience is about to be done with being on the other side.

From what I hear the college experience is over for all of us. During my interview I made a remark about how I looked forward to going and seeing basketball/football games while at KU. Both interviewers chuckled and said that we will be so busy during pharmacy school that we will not have time to enjoy fun things like that! :cool: Hopefully they are were exaggerating...:confused:

From what I hear the college experience is over for all of us. During my interview I made a remark about how I looked forward to going and seeing basketball/football games while at KU. Both interviewers chuckled and said that we will be so busy during pharmacy school that we will not have time to enjoy fun things like that! :cool: Hopefully they are were exaggerating...:confused:

I'm assuming you didn't do your pre reqs here at Lawrence. They are not really exaggerating in terms of the "system" to go to basketball games. Football games are easily doable on a Saturday morning, but basketball requires a great deal amount of time. If you're really dedicated to going to the basketball games than you can, but due to the high demand of students wanting to see these games...you have to be in a camping group and you have to camp out throughout the week for that specific game. So yeah...you can but most people who do this are really huge ku basketball fans. If you just want to show up to a basketball game an hour or so before, you should get in but the seats will be towards the top.

I did it my freshmen year, but I couldn't keep it up due to the time commitment of it. If you can study inside Allen Field house then it shouldn't be a problem.

They definitely exaggerated it. You'll have around the same amount of free time as you do now I would say. Just how you want to spend it is the key...

I'm just going to miss that walk to campus and seeing all the students throughout my day. I think it should be fine though, I'll still come to Anschutz.

I'm looking to buy a house in Lawrence this summer, but with only two months left to go we'll see how that goes.

I signed up for the Friday June, 10th orientation session. Who else is attending that day? Maybe we can meet up get together a little pharmacy group. For those of you going to Wichita; is your orientation in Lawrence as well?

I am so excited I'll be enrolled in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!! If you ignore the cost of out of state tuition, everything is perfect! 4 more years and we will all be making the big bucks!:D

I signed up for June 10th orientation. I also have facebook. If you want to add me, send me a private message. :)

Hey everyone, first post on here. :)

I've been accepted to the Lawrence campus. :D I'm coming from the Wichita area, so I'm trying to figure out where to live. Any suggestions? Anyone still looking for a female roomate (or roomates)?

I had been considering Jayhawker Towers, to make it easy on myself...but the housing website says they currently have a waiting list for the Towers. And I really don't want to live in the dorms...

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Those of us attending the Wichita campus have to come to Lawrence for our orientation. I have also signed up for the Friday June, 10th orientation and would be up for meeting with anyone who wants to get together. I know a few of us from Wichita will probably be traveling to Lawrence on the 10th.

I also have a Facebook page. Send me a private message, and I will give you my info and try to figure out a time to hangout.

Hey everybody, if you are going to the Lawrence campus, send me a private message on here, or reply to this, so we can all add each other on facebook. If we can at least get acquainted, it may make things easier later on. :)

I created a Facebook group so we can all meet up on FB, instead of here. This website is a pain to look at from my phone.

Here is the link if you want to join.

Last edited:
Hey congrats to everyone on getting accepted. I am actually planning on applying next year and was just curious for those of you who got accepted, what was your GPA, PCAT scores, and Pharmacy experience like?

I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering and am trying to finish up all those good old chemistry prerequisites that weren't required for engineering. Fun Stuff:)

Hey congrats to everyone on getting accepted. I am actually planning on applying next year and was just curious for those of you who got accepted, what was your GPA, PCAT scores, and Pharmacy experience like?

I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering and am trying to finish up all those good old chemistry prerequisites that weren't required for engineering. Fun Stuff:)
If you are a in-state student, have actual pharmacy experience with a LOR from a pharmacist and a GPA above 3.2 and don't bomb the interview...you will be fine.

Most importantly, just make sure you're in state.

First of all, congrats on everyone starting in a few weeks.

Second, I am trying to finish up all the prereqs so that I can apply this fall for 2012 and was curious to hear from the people around Wichita. I was curious if they took the mammalian physiology at KU or if they transferred in a class from somewhere else? Hopefully WSU?

Only need a couple more classes and do not want to drive to Lawrence/Edwards twice a week for an entire semester for a prereq since I am going to try for a slot here in Wichita.

Thanks in advance for any info...

First of all, congrats on everyone starting in a few weeks.

Second, I am trying to finish up all the prereqs so that I can apply this fall for 2012 and was curious to hear from the people around Wichita. I was curious if they took the mammalian physiology at KU or if they transferred in a class from somewhere else? Hopefully WSU?

Only need a couple more classes and do not want to drive to Lawrence/Edwards twice a week for an entire semester for a prereq since I am going to try for a slot here in Wichita.

Thanks in advance for any info...

If you're already a student at WSU, your best option for info regarding transferrable prereqs will be the Pre-Pharmacy advisor at your univ.