Lab values

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKitty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who already took Step 1, did you guys memorize the lab values or did you just use the references provided by the software during the test (and had enough time)? Did you need to use your knowledge of labs often during the test?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who already took Step 1, did you guys memorize the lab values or did you just use the references provided by the software during the test (and had enough time)? Did you need to use your knowledge of labs often during the test?

You need knowledge of very basic things (Urine/Blood pH) on some questions, but for most questions with lab values, they were either in the labs section or the reference ranges were given in the stem. Use the free 150 to get familiar with the way labs are set up.

You need knowledge of very basic things (Urine/Blood pH) on some questions, but for most questions with lab values, they were either in the labs section or the reference ranges were given in the stem. Use the free 150 to get familiar with the way labs are set up.

Thank you for your input. I know some basic labs from classes, but cannot memorize others just by looking at numbers. I use lab reference in QBank when I practice questions, but I wonder if I will be too pressed for time/anxious to be able to use references during the real exam. Anyhow, thank you for help.

Thank you for your input. I know some basic labs from classes, but cannot memorize others just by looking at numbers. I use lab reference in QBank when I practice questions, but I wonder if I will be too pressed for time/anxious to be able to use references during the real exam. Anyhow, thank you for help.

If you're doing OK with using lab values on practice questions and are getting done in the time constraints, you'll be fine on the real thing.