~Labor day submitters, what have you heard from the schools you’ve applied to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard it from a dean at a top 10 school

This is more likely to be school specific. One of my state schools interviews around 700 applicants, and mentioned that after Dec 1st they have around 50 IIs to give. If applicants were invited in November that means they would be interviewing around January or February.

Members don't see this ad.

I received both an acceptance and an interview today! Absolutely in shock. Thanks to everyone in this thread for their support :love:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received both an acceptance and an interview today! Absolutely in shock. Thanks to everyone in this thread for their support :love:

So proud of tessellations:)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just received my 4th II of the cycle! Perfect way to kick off the new year. I still have silence from 65% of my schools so hoping to be hearing back soon. I think this month will be very active for us Labor day submitters! Hang in there everyone and best of luck!

Reactions: 8 users
So far a couple interviews down, and hopefully a couple more to go! Now we are entering that post-interview waiting stage (finally!). Best of luck to you all, and keep your head up!

Reactions: 4 users
Still anxiously awaiting to hear back from the schools I interviewed at....could be any day now! Trying to stay patient but getting more and more impatient waiting for an A!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
At this late in the stage I haven't received many II's (10 pre-II R's, 1 ii) and I have yet to hear back anything from ~20 schools. I'm guessing at this point I should just be expecting more R's and start preparing for the 2021-2022 cycle. ☹
You're not alone on that boat. Just take this as a chance to improve yourself and make the next cycle stress-free with a ton of II's in hand.

Hit the 3 II threshold last week. Really hoping and praying that one of these will turn into an acceptance. I hear back from my first school next week and have 2 more interviews to do over the next couple weeks. Rooting for all of you in this thread :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
2 IIs this week, and for both schools there were many dates left. I think next week and the first week of February we Might see some serious movement.

good luck guys!!! I hope we make it!

• Love
2 IIs this week, and for both schools there were many dates left. I think next week and the first week of February we Might see some serious movement.

good luck guys!!! I hope we make it!

Im so happy and grateful that I even got 1. 2 and id feel like a celebrity lol

Reactions: 1 user
Wow crazy that so many IIs are coming out for us!! Still have a chance for more!

Reactions: 1 users
2 interviews turned into 2 acceptances for me!

• Love
Man, what a ride it's been. Submitted all of my apps around Labor Day, didn't get my first II until late October and I will be attending a top 5 school in the fall. I also ended up with 10 IIs and I didn't even end up attending 5 of them, which is a bit ironic given how much I was worrying about not even getting a single II back in October. Hell, I just got another II today, despite how late it is in the cycle. n = 1, but I do believe that Labor Day is on time. I think it screwed me over for some schools like UCLA who finished interviewing in December (such bull crap), but don't be worried if you didn't submit all of your apps in July. Most of my IIs came in December.
I think this is true if you are the kind of applicant who can get into a top-5 school, but for people who have less competitive applications, you are doing yourself a disservice by applying around labor day. Labor day isn't late, but your chances are simply worse than if you applied in July. It probably isn't worth taking an extra gap year for the majority of applicants thinking of submitting around labor day, but do know that it will affect your overall odds of getting an II

Reactions: 4 users