Lapel Pin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lorae

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize the topic of "what to wear to the interview" has been discussed extensively, but what about the wearing of a lapel pin (men's or women's).

Lapel pins often show your support for a particular issue or cause. Could it be a good conversations starter? Can you think of any negative effects of wearing one to an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

The only reason I might avoid it is it's not exactly that "conservative" look that we're always told to go for. That said, it would definitely show some originality.

I would say that if you're going to wear a pin, you'd better know a hell of a lot about whatever it is you're representing. i.e. if it's a pink ribbon, you'd better not have to say "Because they were handing them out on campus last week."

LOL, also, you might want to avoid wearing school-related pins.......ie interviewing at HMS wearing a Wash U SOM pin. Also, I'd stay away from pins that say "no fat chicks" or "f*** me, I'm irish" just to be safe.

All joking aside, if its something you are passionate and knowledgeable about, then i say go for it. It could be another way to show the interviewer who you really are

Members don't see this ad :)
The only one I would wear to an interview is the US flag.

~lubdubb

LOL, also, you might want to avoid wearing school-related pins.......ie interviewing at HMS wearing a Wash U SOM pin. Also, I'd stay away from pins that say "no fat chicks" or "f*** me, I'm irish" just to be safe.

oh my gosh, thank you i needed a laugh today :)