School Pin Flanel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arock456

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished listening to the AAMC interview tips and they suggested to wear the school's pin during interview day. It sounds a lot like sucking up? Would it be negative to wear a pin to the inerview?

Members don't see this ad.

School pin? Like if you graduated from that school's undergrad college?

are you sure you heard this correctly? Are you sure it didn't say "do not wear your school's pin during interview day?" Sounds like only someone whose experiences don't speak for themselves would need to wear one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
no like the school you are interview's school pin

Why would you have a pin for the school you're interviewing at?

can you link to that aamc thing?

no like the school you are interview's school pin
I've never seen any pin for my school, heard about any pins from any friends at different schools, nor seen one anywhere when I interviewed.

Just finished listening to the AAMC interview tips and they suggested to wear the school's pin during interview day. It sounds a lot like sucking up? Would it be negative to wear a pin to the inerview?
This is creepy.

Reactions: 1 users
I think this guy has an accent and what he is actually saying is "PEN" not "PIN". "You have a pen or a tie". I have seen some people wear a tie in my school's colors.

Reactions: 2 users
I think this guy has an accent and what he is actually saying is "PEN" not "PIN". "You have a pen or a tie". I have seen some people wear a tie in my school's colors.
I see this a lot.
Depending on the school, it can be quite garish!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. As an international applicant should I drape myself in the American flag so they know I mean business?
No; But you could put a flag pin on your suit jacket lapel.
Yeah I think he means pen

" try to get a pennn oh ah tiee"

I watched it like a couple of hours ago and was confused about the same thing. I was like no way I'm sitting and buying pins for all the schools I get interviewed at. Ain't nobody got cash for that. I feel like even ties in the school colors is too much considering you're not even part of the institution yet, and might never be.

does anyone sell a bulk box of college pins so I can have one for each school I applied to :p

merit-badge-sash.jpg

I'll wear em like a boyscout

We don't pay attention to crap like this!

Ditto for ties in school colors as well.

You should shake each interviewer's hand with the official secret handshake of your fraternity. Sure it's low probability, but the rewards could be HUGE!

Also, if you are interviewing at a Big 10 or SEC school, you should do the interview while wearing that school's football helmet.

Reactions: 2 users
You should shake each interviewer's hand with the official secret handshake of your fraternity. Sure it's low probability, but the rewards could be HUGE!

Also, if you are interviewing at a Big 10 or SEC school, you should do the interview while wearing that school's football helmet.

You might as well wear an Illuminati pin. If your interviewer/adcom is a member of the Illuminati, the rewards could be HUGE!:banana::banana::banana: