Larkin college of pharmacy interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manny23223

Reaction score
Hey so i just got an interview to Larkin college of pharmacy and wanted to see if anyone could give me some pointers for my interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Who on earth would interview with an expensive school thats not yet accredited when there are plenty of more established 3 year private programs and 4 year state schools that are accepting anyone who applies? Larkin and other brand new schools like it are going to fail in the next 10 years guaranteed! Don’t risk it and go to a more established school you are certain to get into. Here is a pointer for your interview, no matter what you say you will get accepted by this school that can probably not even find 50 students that want to go there.

Only 59% of their students passed the NAPLEX LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Who on earth would interview with an expensive school thats not yet accredited when there are plenty of more established 3 year private programs and 4 year state schools that are accepting anyone who applies? Larkin and other brand new schools like it are going to fail in the next 10 years guaranteed! Don’t risk it and go to a more established school you are certain to get into. Here is a pointer for your interview, no matter what you say you will get accepted by this school that can probably not even find 50 students that want to go there.
I am also considering Larking ,they seem pretty solid and with a lot of money to pay for infrastructure and good professors, what other programs that last only 3 years do you recommend ? please expand on what other schools you claim to be easy to get into and are also more established? I hope you weren't just talking smack without facts to back it up.......please prove me wrong and drop some registered PhD knowledge on us.

Hey so i just got an interview to Larkin college of pharmacy and wanted to see if anyone could give me some pointers for my interview.
I recently got invited to an interview at Larking, I dont give a hoot about trolls or people talking smack , there is not alot of info about this interview process , how did it go for you ? What should I expect? What questions did they focus on the most?

I thought it was "Larkin", not "Larking". If I were you my first prep would be finding out the actual name of the school I applied to.... And as far as
"talking smack", the NABPLEX pass rates speak for themselves. The education they're providing isn't even adequate for many to pass the new, watered down NABPLEX. If that isn't a BIG RED FLAG..... And I understand the NABPLEX is practically a participation trophy these days...

And FYI I talk smack about the profession as a whole. I've seen what it's devolved into since I graduated. Quite sad- like watching a helpless animal die slowly. But by all means enjoy your Larking experience!

(Please don't ban me mods, for I have sinned...)

Last edited:
I thought it was "Larkin", not "Larking". If I were you my first prep would be finding out the actual name of the school I applied to.... And as far as
"talking smack", the NABPLEX pass rates speak for themselves. The education they're providing isn't even adequate for many to pass the new, watered down NABPLEX. If that isn't a BIG RED FLAG.....

And FYI I talk smack about the profession as a whole. I've seen what it's devolved into since I graduated. Quite sad- like watching a helpless animal die slowly. But by all means enjoy your Larking experience!
Yeah ........... alot of people failed, but im guessing you killed that NABPLEX , back when that was its name..................I hope your life is not as sad as it seems on this forum, I mean really...........you should be proud of your career you have a PhD!, even MDs have it rough these days. Quit whining buddy, it does you no good to talk smack about other peoples goals regardless if you made a lot of wrong choices or you are simply not a good pharmacist. Best of luck getting hired at CVS , ill be right behind you with a huge smile and the same license but with a very optimistic approach

Actually I just have a BS.....missed the whole PharmD thing and never looked back. Experience trumps education anyway. I've got my unicorn job and pharmacy wasn't a bad choice when I signed up so can't really "regret" it. It's the grads of today who'll have the regrets. Good luck in the hunger games. Or should I say "may the odds be ever in your favor". LOL

Oh, and I think was in the top 2% of NABPLEX scores. Way over studied for it. And that was back when they even used big words in the questions..

Actually I just have a BS.....missed the whole PharmD thing and never looked back. Experience trumps education anyway. I've got my unicorn job and pharmacy wasn't a bad choice when I signed up so can't really "regret" it. It's the grads of today who'll have the regrets. Good luck in the hunger games. Or should I say "may the odds be ever in your favor". LOL

Oh, and I think was in the top 2% of NABPLEX scores. Way over studied for it. And that was back when they even used big words in the questions..
I came off a bit defensive, I apologize, the last person I want to disrespect is another pharmacist , I am still open to learn the negatives of this career, by hunger games I assume you mean saturated cities or districts that have no jobs to offer , supply and demand is the name of the game and where I live the story is the total opposite, many pharmacies close because they cant afford to pay the pharmacist or cant find one. If many new graduates fail the NAPLEX then they cant work, that wont affect the quality of those that do pass the test, and the integrity of the profession remains intact, even diploma mills cant affect the integrity of pharmacists in general as the NAPLEX is there to weed out those who don't have what it takes.

my bad for being rude, yes those that have a 200K student loan on their back and cant pass the NAPLEX are screwed, I feel that no school can achieve a %100 pass rate as this is up to the student , his knowledge and his dedication. So starting again with a clean slate , what branches do you consider unicorn jobs and what should be avoided as a new graduate? I am here to learn.

No offense taken. I tend to rag on would be students anyway since many of them seem to not want to face the reality of the profession. As such I expect some negative backlash but my skin is thick enough not to be offended. The truth is, the negatives of the profession that we post are actually quite accurate as harsh as they sound. Having been doing this for over 30 years I've seen the decline firsthand. The decline in jobs, salary, and certainly respect. After getting out of retail (which I'd done in one for or another for approx 25 years) I decided to try long term care. I applied as an "overnite" pharmacist, which is a great way to get your foot in the door, especially if you're new to that niche. Granted, many LTC pharmacies are independent so there's always some instability (one large home leaving or breaking contract could close the business), but it's WAYYYYY less stressful than retail. And the truth is- I LOVE the overnite shift. It takes some getting used to at first. But here at night, it's just me and one tech. No management, politics, or interpersonal drama. We keep the daytime from people from having to take call and make things neat for the next day, so for the most part the day people appreciate us.

Prior to doing long term care I had worked for a small grocery chain doing retail for 16 years. That was sort of a microcosm for what happened pharmacy as a whole. Started out good. Good pay, treated pretty well, etc. 16 years later the corporation had come to hate us- we were seen as a dime a dozen and nothing but a drain on profits. Everyone became easily expendable. The only reason they had pharmacies at all was because their competition (Walmart) did. Everything Walmart tried we attempted also but in a half baked fashion. Their promotions usually failed, making them hate us even more. They openly discriminated against the "old timers" to make room for younger pharmacists which they paid less. I was a casualty of that but it worked out for the best. Plus on a good day retail pretty much sucks. And I never worked for either of the "Great Satans" like CVS or Walgreens. Can't imagine how horrible they must be. Store management is horrible and the public as a whole is even worse. Impossible to find good reliable tech help anymore if you work for a chain that pays them poorly. If you take nothing else away from this post, don't do retail. It sucks and will devour your soul. It has literally killed the profession. If I can steer one person away from retail I've done some good.

Sadly though, that's where most new grads will wind up. Most will be WAY over educated for that environment. But that's where the few remaining jobs are. LTC jobs are scarce. It helps to do shifts no one wants, like night shift. That can get your foot in the door. But really, ask yourself if pharmacy is really even what you want to do. For the most part it's boring and there is no room for creativity for the most part unless you get into some niche like research which is difficult. The truth is- with things being so uncertain- I don't know what advice to give anymore. A few years ago I would have said PA/NP. But that field is already on the edge of saturation. MD/DO is always a possibility, but things aren't all rainbows and unicorns there either. They face encroachment by PAs/NPs resulting in less jobs and decreased salaries. Plus that much education is simply a bitch.

Hope some of this helps. If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to answer them. Other than "what should I do?". I can honestly say I don't know. That's the world we live in these days.