This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yeshab

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Going to my interview on this date, and staying the night after the interview, as well. Just looking to see if anyone else is also going on this date and staying to hang a little bit. Wanting to make friends here!

Also if anyone has any tips/info on how this interview is, please feel free to comment! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unless you're a NV resident, all OOS applicants are backup lol.
not exactly... I mean UNLV is a state funded school, so it has to have at least 50% of its class be from Nevada. But having a class thats 50% from OOS is a pretty good percentage compared to other state schools.
 
not exactly... I mean UNLV is a state funded school, so it has to have at least 50% of its class be from Nevada. But having a class thats 50% from OOS is a pretty good percentage compared to other state schools.

I saw that the stats for OOS interviews given/acceptance ratio was 290/37. The chances aren't that high even if you have an interview. BTW this is from the ADEA guide from last year. But I guess it offsets the stats bc they only gave out 56 interviews and accepted 43 for in state. They interview a lot more people from OOS, but for less seats, so more competition for the OOS applicant pool. Now I'm not saying that it's impossible but from a statistics point of view, that's what it seems like. I've also heard they highly favor instate residents too. Just my observation. If anyone is interested, the ratio between instate/OOS enrollees was 43/37.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad