Las Vegas interview 11/20/15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeshab

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Going to my interview on this date, and staying the night after the interview, as well. Just looking to see if anyone else is also going on this date and staying to hang a little bit. Wanting to make friends here!

Also if anyone has any tips/info on how this interview is, please feel free to comment! :)

Members don't see this ad.

hey!! I have interview there at the same day! Where do you plan to stay in vegas? I haven't booked any hotel yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
also headed to Vegas! Haven't booked anything yet. Lmk where you guys are staying and I'll do the same

My interview is on Feb, 5, 2016. They must want me as backup. haha, oh well

are you going on Nov 20th?

Hey guys I live in Vegas so if you need help/recommendations on where to go or eat or something let me know ! And good luck with your interviews :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I live in Vegas so if you need help/recommendations on where to go or eat or something let me know ! And good luck with your interviews :)
Are you free on this date? I need someone to show me around lol! Did you apply to UNLV?

Reactions: 1 user
Are you free on this date? I need someone to show me around lol! Did you apply to UNLV?

Shoot me a message closer to the date so I can let you know if I have anything! And yeah I did! I interviewed beginning of October :)

Reactions: 1 user
unless you're a NV resident, all OOS applicants are backup lol.
not exactly... I mean UNLV is a state funded school, so it has to have at least 50% of its class be from Nevada. But having a class thats 50% from OOS is a pretty good percentage compared to other state schools.

not exactly... I mean UNLV is a state funded school, so it has to have at least 50% of its class be from Nevada. But having a class thats 50% from OOS is a pretty good percentage compared to other state schools.

I saw that the stats for OOS interviews given/acceptance ratio was 290/37. The chances aren't that high even if you have an interview. BTW this is from the ADEA guide from last year. But I guess it offsets the stats bc they only gave out 56 interviews and accepted 43 for in state. They interview a lot more people from OOS, but for less seats, so more competition for the OOS applicant pool. Now I'm not saying that it's impossible but from a statistics point of view, that's what it seems like. I've also heard they highly favor instate residents too. Just my observation. If anyone is interested, the ratio between instate/OOS enrollees was 43/37.