Last acceptable MCAT for 2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ECrow

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if August 25th was the date for the MCAT that most schools would be considering for the next cycle. I've searched around and have been seeing a trend but am not hundred percent sure. I took time to decide whether I wanted to write the MCAT or the OAT which ended up delaying my registration. Would it be alright to take it Sept.1st or would that be too late?
 
I would look to see if your MCAT scores will return after the deadline for any schools you are wanting to apply to.

Also, with results getting back to you in October - your application will be given to schools at nearly the end of the application cycle.

I was in a similar situation to you, considering taking it in August - and decided to instead defer taking the test for more study time, and apply the next cycle.