Last day to submit DAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Literati81

Poor Nerd
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have not had sufficient time this quarter to study for the DAT. I want to apply this summer and was told that it would be okay to send my DAT score after submitting my primary application. Since I am also worried that having an incomplete file will ruin my chances of getting into California schools (notably, UCSF), could someone please let me know the last date (e.g. early September) I could submit my DAT scores without harming my chances of getting accepted into competitive schools?

Thanks so much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

how it works is like this. when u take the dat they will give a copy of your scores, and send the offical one through the mail which will take 2-3 weeks to get to the schools. What I did, and I know many others who did this, is that we ent our unofficial scores to our schools via faxing. I took the dat on sept 9 and got accepted to all 5 schools i applied to. I wouldnt recommend taking the dat after late sept

you have to be very careful with california schools. if u submit ur application without the DAT AND with a low GPA, you may get flat out rejection...Tinker Bell could tell you more about this. But if you have a decent GPA, then, by all means, submit ur application at the earliest date possible even without the DAT.

thanks for your replies!

Would a 3.64 GPA be considered "decent" enough to send in DAT scores mid August?

3.64 is a very good score, and sending your DAT scores mid-August is not late, I would consider early October-to mid late as many dental schools have already gone half way into their interview process for Dec 1 acceptance release. Schools usually starts interviewing in early September so sending scores mid-August is still very good!

Good Luck!