last minute help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedianEminence

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my test is in 2 wks.....and I'm a retaker got 9 9 11 2yrs ago

i have done most of TPRH science workbook, averaged 12 PS, 13 Bio on TPR tests, did just one AAMC 4 13PS, 14Bio 9VR ( i know its the easier one). im planning to take 7-11 in next few weeks

i was wondering if its worth getting TBR phys and chem books and doing practice passages or it's too late?

Also, my verbal avg is 9-10 on EK, and was thinking if it is worth pushing the test to July16, and maybe finishing up BR passages, or stick to june16?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Take it on the expected date. I doubt if you can bump 9 on VR to 11-12 in a month. Doable, yes, but since you have already gone through EK Verbal books, I'm not sure if much can be done...

Your scores look great! My suggestion is to stick to your date, and boost your verbal with TPRH's Verbal. I think the passages are closer to the real thing (longer, diverse in topic).

Use AAMC 4-11 to determine any weaknesses you may still have, and review them THOROUGHLY. Just keep working at your verbal, read through the Verbal strategies thread to see if there's something you can practice and use to help you raise your score.

I don't think you need to push back, but you don't want to be panicking your last two weeks. Your last two weeks should be the most confident, "I'm going to kick MCAT-butt" attitude you can put forth. Approach it with the attitude that you are doing great, you want to push for better, and then when you take the real thing, you'll rock out.

If you find yourself panicking, then reschedule. But you have no reason to worry, in my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you everyone:)

MDMinded your posts are always so encouraging:) thank you

i will do the tests, practice verbal, hope and pray for the best

thanks again