About the Ads

wire

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
V=I*R

if you can't figure that equation out, i would probably drop pre-med and maybe college. :laugh:

Sherif

Hot stuff
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2004
Illinois
Status (Visible)
I am not in college yet, ok i'll give the question a try, Yay or Nay me. Is it because as the resistor gets larger it allows more current to go through therefore fewer disruptions

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
Fresno
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Sherif
I am not in college yet, ok i'll give the question a try, Yay or Nay me. Is it because as the resistor gets larger it allows more current to go through therefore fewer disruptions

way to go chief :thumbup:

jedirampage

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2003
Gainesville (currently)
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Sherif

As resistance increases, current decreases. Just like fluid flow through pipes, current takes the path of least resistance. For Ohm's Law, however, you can hold any of the variables constant and determine how the others will be effected.

mmz6

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Status (Visible)
dude...

u need help man...
and sdn is not a tutoring center for high-school peoples.

If you can't figure out the answer from V=IR, I don't know what to tell u. maybe the sciences is not for u.

Resistance means something that stops/prevents. So when you increase resistance, u stop current from going thru.

Think of a river, where water is current. If you keep putting logs (resistance) in one part of the river (and so build a damn), less water (current) can get through. So current decreases. V=IR.

mmz6

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
what the heck does "resistor increases" mean, length of resistor, or increased resistance?

resistor increases? try english increases.

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
Fresno
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Gleevec
what the heck does "resistor increases" mean, length of resistor, or increased resistance?

resistor increases? try english increases.

amen Gleevac. You are my hero. :clap:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.